Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy note 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I pre-ordered a galaxy note 7 2 days ago
They sent me emails confirming my order and giving me my order number
But everytime I go on My o2 I have nothing there to track
So then I went on that live chat thing and they told me my order has been cancelled.
I did not cancel my order so who the [Removed] did and why the [Removed] was I not notified as soon as they decided to cancel my order?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Contact numbers here for you to call http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice
Message 12 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Some info directly from Samsung below:

"Due to unprecedented pre-order demand for our new Samsung Galaxy Note7, the delivery date for some customers may be slightly delayed. We are working closely with our carrier and retail partners to fulfil customer demand as quickly as possible."

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi guys,

Some info directly from Samsung below:

"Due to unprecedented pre-order demand for our new Samsung Galaxy Note7, the delivery date for some customers may be slightly delayed. We are working closely with our carrier and retail partners to fulfil customer demand as quickly as possible."

Not sure why O2 think this is 'unprecedented'? It's a flagship phone and long awaited. It has received a great deal of excellent press from many sources....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 26

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I read it as Samsung, not O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I read it as Samsung, not O2.

Really? I am not sure. Either way more disappointment with 'demand exceeding supply' slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 26

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Deliberate innit.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 26

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

A lot of manufacturers do this, Apple still do this 9 years since the first iPhone launched, they are well aware now of approximate demands, but they purposely keep supplies limited so that people rush to pre-order and drive demand though articles outlining limited supplies, etc

Message 18 of 26

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yup

Currently using:
Message 19 of 26

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

My above post was a statement from Samsung themselves.

We wanted to clear up some confusion some of you have. For those who pre-ordered the Note7 between 16th>19th August, we ran a promotion where we would send these out to you 3 days early and also throw in a free GearVR. If you ordered on those dates you should already have your Note7 – lucky you! Some of you may also already have received your GearVR and for those still waiting, these will be delivered tomorrow.

For those of you who pre-ordered the Note7 outside the dates above, these should be delivered to you from 2nd September onwards. We and Samsung have received an unprecedented pre-order demand so orders may be slightly delayed for some customers. Please keep an eye on your order via My O2 for the latest update.

If you see any related threads on this topic guys, please point them to this post.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 20 of 26