Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy note 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I pre-ordered a galaxy note 7 2 days ago
They sent me emails confirming my order and giving me my order number
But everytime I go on My o2 I have nothing there to track
So then I went on that live chat thing and they told me my order has been cancelled.
I did not cancel my order so who the [Removed] did and why the [Removed] was I not notified as soon as they decided to cancel my order?

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

@Anonymous we are all O2 customers here without access to your account. Probably best to give customer services a call and they will be able to advise if something is wrong.

Usually they will only cancel an order if you have failed the credit check, or they have reason to believe something is incorrect in the details you have provided.

They have recently ran out of the free VR headsets, so it could always be something to do with this?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

@Anonymous we are all O2 customers here without access to your account. Probably best to give customer services a call and they will be able to advise if something is wrong.

Usually they will only cancel an order if you have failed the credit check, or they have reason to believe something is incorrect in the details you have provided.

They have recently ran out of the free VR headsets, so it could always be something to do with this?

Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PhoneChanger Surely the OP could receive the phone regardless of o2 running out of the headsets

Message 3 of 26

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous I would assume so also, however this is O2, so i'm just trying to think of any reasons why orders would have been cancelled outside of the fraud / failed credit check
Message 4 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
But everytime I go on My o2 I have nothing there to track

You wouldn't get any tracking details until the order was dispatched, which it won't have been, as it was on pre-order.

I also wouldn't trust live chat to give the correct info on this - best to call CS to check http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys
Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Live chat! That says it all

Message 7 of 26

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I've sent you a PM, lets chat about your issues and see if we can help. I also want to talk about the Chat advice you were given, as it may have been correct for them at the time (before learning new information).

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had conflicting stories regarding the click and collect service for my galaxy note 7 , I pre-ordered.

-I contacted (Lilly) at live chat yesterday to check when it would be delivered. She said it would definitely be arrive at the shop by the end of the day.

-I received both an email and text at 12pm yesterday  to say it had arrived at the local O2 shop. When I got there and completed the necessary security checks. They told me it was a mistake and the phone had not been delivered and they would text me when it was.

- I contacted the local O2 shop at 4pm and was told it still hadn't arrived.

-Contacted  (Pushpanjali) at live chat. She said it had been dispatched and I would receive it the next day. She gave me a parcel number. So I could track it with DPD.

-I contacted DPD and they had no record of the parcel and the number I was given did not exist.

- Went back to O2 live chat and the host said the number I was given was not a parcel number. The phone was expected to be delivered until Friday 02 September. Also, according to the agreement, it could take up th 3 working days to get to the shop. 

I angry, because I been given different stories, false information, and I will not be able to collect the phone as will not be near the area, for the next 2 weeks from today.

Message 9 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Forget live chat and call customer service for the correct information. 

Message 10 of 26