Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi on London Underground problems

Tubemole1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently upgraded from my very reliable Samsung S7 which I had for 5 years with few issues to a Samsung A71s which I am struggling with. I put my old SIM in the new phone, don't know if that makes a difference. The biggest problem is wifi on the Tube. I work on tube stations and rely of the wifi. On my old device it would connect to Virgin Media no problem. This phone wanted to connect to Wifi Extra and one of my stations, Turnham Green. After a lot of swearing, it worked. Today I am working at Chiswick Park. The phone will not connect to Wifi Extra. I have had a live chat with someone at o2 and they say I have to connect to Virgin media, but it won't connect there either. The webpage tells me to follow instructions from a text message that hasn't come. I have gone to settings etc, it hasn't worked. The live chat person also said I needed to register the device for o2 wifi. I have tried using the wifi app but it just doesn't launch. Crasshes everytime I attempt to open it. I lost my patience and deleted it. she said delete all the cookies but it didn't help. I've tried doing it on the webpage but I cannot find where to register the device. She said the wifi at Chiswick Park is working. I can find the hotspot on the webpage but not how to connect to it. I am tearing my hair out now. O2 live chat have not been at all helpful. My data has all gone and I've had to bolt on another 100mb to use for the next two days. I would have kept my old S7 except the charging port was broken. Can anyone help?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Many reports on here.
It would appear to be a Virgin issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

tEZZZ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did this issue get sorted out.. i have the same issue.. I spoke to O2 and they said that the wifi is down on the tube network, I said to them for a month? (as thats how long its been going on) they said yes, but to be frank i dont beleive them as other people i know connect ok.

I have discounected my device and reconected at the O2 Shop still cant connect.. 

Message 12 of 12