cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi in Costa

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, my first post so apologies in advance if I do something wrong.

I read a couple of threads re wifi in Costa but neither covered my problem.

I'm trying to connect using a Google Nexus 7 tablet.  The Wireless settings show that I'm connected to O2 wifi in Costa but I'm not.  I have registered using my mobile phone & have completed the code to download the app.  When I try to open my browser however I just get a message that I am not connected to the internet.  I do not get a log in page.  I've even tried logging in by tethering my tablet to my O2 phone.

Is there something else I should be doing please?

Macc

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  That was what I was trying initially.  Wifi Settings shows I'm connected to O2 wifi but when I open my browser I get a message that I'm not connected to the internet.  Since I last tried it, it has been suggested that I clear my browser cache so next time I'm in Costa Coffee, probably Monday, I'll clear the cache first and then see if I get the log on page.

Regards

Macc

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Hopefully that will be my problem and next time I'll clear the browser cache first.

I'll report back with results during the week

Macc

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still not sure.  Following previous advice I texted WIFI to 2121, and from home registered my Nexus with O2.  I cleared my cache before attempting to log on in Costa.  When I opened my Chrome browser I did connect to Costa but with a message that there was an internal error which they are trying to sort outand a link I couldn't open.   My phone connected to Costa's Wifi with no problem.  So I need to try again another day,  however it''s looking more hopeful.

Macc

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've decided to give up pro tem.  I think O2 wifi may have a problem where I live.

I tried logging on in Costa having first cleared the cache.  Wireless settings show I'm connectec to O2wife however whenChrome tries to open the O2 sign up page it gets an error 500 message "Internal Server Error" athough I can get O2 wifi on my phone.

I did wonder wether I could get on to the internet by tethering and sign on to O2 that way but then I get an error 105 message "unable to resolve DNS servers address"  "DNS lookup failed"

I then asked the O2 shop if their wifi was working. to be told it wasn't, something to do with security certificates.  Too many people had problems so they switched it off.

I could get on to wifi in Waterstones, Nero & Carphone Warehouse so it's not my Nexus.

It's a shame about Costa but I can still use my Nexus by setting my phone up as a mobile hotspot.

Thanks however for everyone's input.

Macc

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's sorted.  After a long session in the O2 shop I dissociated my Nexus from my O2 account. I then returned to Costa & this time got the registration page.

Message 15 of 15