Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify number

SueJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
How do I verify my number for the Netflix offer when it's on my mobile broadband and can't receive the text as sim is in home hub device?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SueJ
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi.... After spending over half an hour on hold waiting for an 'advisor' I was told that I can't do this via my dongle....ive got to wait 14 days, ring them back, they will issue a refund for the value of the Netflix offer and then I have to buy it myself!!!!!!... Not impressed

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@SueJ if you login to your router you should be able to see any texts sent, or, take out the sim and put it in a phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

SueJ
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi. In my ignorance how do I log into my router?
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Type 192.168.0.1 into the browser and login with "admin" as both the username and password,
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

SueJ
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I have tried to put the sim out of hub into phone but it's too big, even after popping the centre of it out. Spent over half an hour waiting for online chat help.... Offer will have expired by the time I get connected at this rate
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There are 3 sizes of sim in one so keep going until you get to the size you need.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

SueJ
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for trying to help but nothing is working.... Looks like I am going to have to wait until an advisor becomes available..... I have looked at sim and it is only in 2 parts so don't want to risk going any further incase I can't get it back into hub as then I really will be knackered 😞
Message 7 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @SueJ, I was wondering if you'd made any progress redeeming your Netflix over since you last posted? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 9

SueJ
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi.... After spending over half an hour on hold waiting for an 'advisor' I was told that I can't do this via my dongle....ive got to wait 14 days, ring them back, they will issue a refund for the value of the Netflix offer and then I have to buy it myself!!!!!!... Not impressed
Message 9 of 9