cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam warning, received this email, requests all bank acct details once logged in

Anonymous
Not applicable

This e-mail was sent to me by O2.

Hello MICHELLE,
Your O2 account requires your immediate attention.
We've made some important security changes to our website and in our best attempts to keep you safe, we require each of our customers to confirm their accounts in order for their mobile services to remain active.

Please confirm that the information displayed below is correct:

Name:MICHELLE
Date of Birth:
Mobile Number:
Current Plan: O2 300 24 month £17.45 per month

You must now click here HERE to verify your O2 account.
Regards
The O2 Team

Sorry, but we can't write back to you from this address, so please do not reply.

This email is sent from Telefonica UK Limited
Registered office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX
Registered number: 1743099

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Especially after 4 or 5 members immediately flagged the post to have the personal info removed
Message 51 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also thanks @Bambino for helpful & useful advice as always
Message 52 of 62

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

7.56am and the details are still there.....10 hours? Flagged again but maybe pointless!

Message 53 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have to say I am very concerned that nearly 9 hrs after this initial post was flagged (a number of times by many of us) that the OPs personal details are still showing at nearly 8 am in the morning!! Smiley Mad

I have flagged again and hope someone will remove them ...

Edit:... 8.36 am edited by Brendon.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
This latest round of emails and texts isn't the first time. O2 were hit at the beginning of 2012 with a data breach based on how the website was moving data. See the report below. ...

http://beta.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/o2-data-breach-why-we-should-a...
Message 55 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It is so worrying Nick. Its a real fact that not everyone is savvy about scams...It doesn't matter whether we think they should be ....because as these get more and more sophisticated they can fool even the more knowledgeable.

It as if the scammers have mounted a post Christmas campaign to hook as many people in as possible..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 56 of 62

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This was highlighted here initially when it first hit the headlines. That was nothing compared to the information out there now...

Message 57 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

The email that many people had came from an idiot in Italy. The actual email address was test@sipav.org

If you click on the link to verify your details then the sender will have access to you Bank details and can withdraw money from your account.

Be warned DO NOTHING except to delete it.

Message 58 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The email that many people had came from an idiot in Italy. The actual email address was test@sipav.org

If you click on the link to verify your details then the sender will have access to you Bank details and can withdraw money from your account.

Be warned DO NOTHING except to delete it.

Hi @Anonymous  Yes the originator from Italy was identified by another member @Beenherebefore  on another Scam thread yesterday.  It doesn't hurt to get the message out as much as possible though. Thanks for your heads up..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 62

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi all,

We are looking into the issue and thanks so much for letting us know if you were affected. If/when I get any info to report back with I shall do so. In the meantime, if you have not already, please follow the instructions in the below page for how to report any suspicious communications you receive to O2.

http://news.o2.co.uk/2014/05/29/phishing-alert-may-2014/

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 60 of 62