Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Purchase

Roymondo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently upgraded to Huawei P30 Pro after seeing the "free Freebuds and Band 4" promotion. Phone arrived, along with a flyer telling me how to claim my freebies. Now the fun begins - One of the requirements is that I submit a digital copy of my proof of purchase. What proof of purchase? I haven't been sent one and any attempt to contact O2 to request one is rebuffed due to Covid-19 staffing issues etc.

How can I get this proof of purchase?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

tripleb58
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I've been reading your helpful responses on how to get a proof of purchase, but unfortunately I've got a bit stuck. When I go to 'Recent orders' my order is not showing as 'delivered' yet (it's still in the 'on its way' stage), so I cannot download the PDF. I ended up going to collect my phone from the DHL depot a couple of days ago, so I'm guessing the status of my order hasn't updated properly somewhere in the system yet.

I've also been to 'My Documents' but there is only the Consumer Credit Act (CCA), which doesn't have the IMEI in it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to either fix 'My Recent Orders' so I can download the PDF or is there another way I can get proof of purchase? It's to claim for the free Galaxy Buds+ when purchasing a Galaxy S20+.

Any help is much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!

Message 11 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tripleb58 

See if the order status updates in a couple of days or so. If not, call customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 23

tripleb58
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok cool, I'll see if the status updates in the next couple of days. Thanks a lot! @MI5
Message 13 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 23

tripleb58
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So the status of my order has updated and now shows like the below but I still can't click on the order number to download the PDF (and the contract doesn't show in 'My Documents' either.

Do you think I should wait still or is it best to just contact O2 in this case?

Many thanks!

Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 13.03.08.jpg

Message 15 of 23

tripleb58
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I still wasn't able to download a PDF in My O2 but I read Samsung promotions: How it works and also the Samsung promotions support page, in particular the question about what to do when receiving a 'missing information' email. It details that the proof of purchase needs to show the price paid, qualifying model and the retailer from which you purchased.

Since you can upload more than one document to your claim, I just took screenshots of the 'Device plan' page and the 'My orders' page in My O2 (since they contained the order date, device name, and retailer name) and submitted my claim. I got confirmation literally 1 minute later to say that it had been validated and that I would receive my buds within the next 45 days. So fingers crossed!! 

Thanks for your help again!

Message 16 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 17 of 23

tripleb58
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

Just to close this off, my claim was processed by Samsung on Thu (9th) and I received my Buds+ today (Sat 11th)! So considering we are still going through the pandemic and the fact that I only submitted my claim on 5th, they arrived very quickly! Very pleased! grin

Thanks again for your help!
Message 18 of 23

jlw02
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @tripleb58 - would you be able to share the proof you sent to them?  I provided a screenshot of my order confirmation, and device plan, and Samsung have replied asking for the delivery note, which I don't have -

Please also provide the delivery note/ packing list paper. That is because as valid proof of purchase we can accept only the following: receipt, invoice or an order confirmation combined with the delivery note.

Did you provide this?

Thanks for your help slight_smile

Message 19 of 23

tripleb58
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @jlw02 ,

Unfortunately, I haven't got the original screenshots that I sent to Samsung but I've re-taken them for you (I sent them to Samsung without the black boxes on).

MyO2 - My Orders.png

MyO2 - My Device Plan.png

Samsung didn't ask for me for a delivery note or anything like that (and I'm pretty sure I didn't include it as I would have said so in my post above) but I'm assuming they mean this?

Packing slip.jpg

Message 20 of 23