Did you mean: 

O2 travel inclusive zone

Nortendnevets
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all

Currently in Florida USA. Really confused about the travel inclusive zone. I have the correct tariff. 15gb per month and got the contract in August. Even checked my O2 and it says I have it.

What I don't understand is how to use it. Do I just turn my data on or do I need to turn on roaming as well? Do I get my full 15gb of data to use or am I capped? I tried speaking to my local store but their answers where just cryptic.

Many thanks thanks guys

Steve
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You need to turn on mobile/cellular data and data roaming to use the Travel Inclusive. Beware though that there are daily allowances.

You’ll get a daily allowance of 120 minutes and 120 texts, and data,  when you roam in our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone. There’s no cap on data, but we’ll manage traffic and may need to slow down speeds depending on usage, and all allowances are subject to our Fair Usage policy. Calls and texts to premium rate numbers and other special numbers are not included.  

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Contract-with-O2-Travel-Inclusive-75-Free-Countries-a...

A few have reported that the O2 Travel Inclusive hasn't been working as it should in the USA so keep an eye out for charges in My O2. Any data charges should be refunded.

Do let us know if indeed you do incur data charges so that our admin team can hopefully help you out.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You need to turn on mobile/cellular data and data roaming to use the Travel Inclusive. Beware though that there are daily allowances.

You’ll get a daily allowance of 120 minutes and 120 texts, and data,  when you roam in our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone. There’s no cap on data, but we’ll manage traffic and may need to slow down speeds depending on usage, and all allowances are subject to our Fair Usage policy. Calls and texts to premium rate numbers and other special numbers are not included.  

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Contract-with-O2-Travel-Inclusive-75-Free-Countries-a...

A few have reported that the O2 Travel Inclusive hasn't been working as it should in the USA so keep an eye out for charges in My O2. Any data charges should be refunded.

Do let us know if indeed you do incur data charges so that our admin team can hopefully help you out.

Message 2 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Nortendnevets, I hope you find all the information @jonsie shared above useful, but pelase do elt us know if you have any other questions!

I hope you have a great time in Florida sun

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 8

JohnJohn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I arrived in the USA and got the welcome text for O2 Travel Inclusive. But was charged £4.99 per day!
My tariff had the Inclusive bolt on up to last June but my new contract removed it. The 'system' appears confused!
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122761 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @JohnJohn

You mention your new contract. Were you eligible for O2 Travel Inclusive on that?

"Free O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone is available with selected phones and tablets on our 4GB, and 15GB and above O2 Refresh tariffs, as well as our £20 and above 12 month sim only tariffs. It’s not available on any other sim only tariff, O2 Refresh tariffs below 4GB, or 5GB and 10GB O2 Refresh tariffs".

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Travel inclusive is only available on certain tariffs.
The text you received on entry suggests you don't have it and would therefore,be charged.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

JohnJohn
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went to my local O2 shop and the Guru and manager both looked at the text and confirmed it was the O2 travel inclusive text which said it was free.

The 'system' clearly thought I had the inclusive bolt on. I thought I had it. But when I checked I did not and clould not add it.

Hm.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It's not something you can add. It comes as a bonus with certain tariffs only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8