cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have deleted my webmail account

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot believe it - o2 have deleted my webmail account before the 1st November Smiley Mad

How can they do this?  Has anyone else had or having problems? 

So angry right now.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi hlc08flower,

I'll pass this on to the team to see if anything can be done. If you have any more info that may help to investigate, do let me know.

UPDATEHi hlc08flower, I have sent you a private message about this. Cheers!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had an email a month or so ago , saying they were stopping O2 webmail as of the beginning of November

I was very angry as I use my O2 address for everything. I set up a new LIVE email address and literally spent a whole day changing my details at all my online sites - I'm self employed and registered with about 200 different work agencies before you even start on things like Facebook eBay and online shopping sites

Since then I've been using the LIVE account as my main one but still uploading my O2 mail daily, changing my details on any sites that I want to stay in touch with and ignoring those that I don't care about.

When they do turn off O2 webmail I'm happy that I've got everything changed over that I can.
Message 12 of 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

When they do turn off O2 webmail I'm happy that I've got everything changed over that I can.

O2 just didn't allow enough warning about this, it's going to be a nightmare for many others. Smiley Frustrated

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Well done. It can be very time consuming and frustrating and to be honest, over the years I have probably used the O2 id to register on dozens of sites long since dis-used and forgotten. As long as you have the main ones sorted then you are good to go.

For all those worried about website registrations, you will probably still be able to use those sites with your O2 details as your id or username as long as you don't need to receive emails from them.

Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am fuming!!!

I am one of the many customers that transferred from O2 to Sky earlier this year and was told at the time nothing would change with my two email accounts which was a huge factor in our decision to move.  Changing email addresses can be complicated and very time consuming so when we found out the secondary account had been deleted we were obviously not happy especially as neither of us had noticed any warning letters. Maybe we missed it in the pile of spam they normally send us!!!!  Maybe it was in the several emails that I received soon after the swop informing me my O2 services would be terminated and I called Sky about who said everything was unaffected as these were just computer generated letters causing a lot of confusion.  Did anyone else have the same experience?

I have also since sent out an email to the dead email account which doesn’t respond in any way to let you know the account is dead so beware that they may still be collecting your email which maybe important to you or the sender who may wonder why they are not getting a response.  Surely it is easy enough for O2 to set an automatic response??

Whilst on the subject of the move to Sky convincing us that everything will be unchanged how many people have subsequently had subtle price increase added to their monthly bills?

Between O2 & Sky they really did not handle the transfer well which I bet they will blame each other & the consumer left to pick up the pieces.  We are now faced with a huge amount of work ahead.  Maybe Cloud based emails are the way forward?  From this experience I no longer want to be tied in with any providers that can waste my time.

Message 15 of 23

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23525 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

This is not breaking news. It has been known about for months. You should have received an email or a text informing you. http://www.o2.co.uk/o2email.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 have deleted my primary address as well. I called them today and they said it has been done by mistake when they deleted secondary accounts. It is going to take them 3 days to get it back. Totally anoyed is an understatement!!!!!

All secondary accounts are being cancelled.

Message 17 of 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's right and you should set up new ones as soon as possible before they all go by April 2014 at the latest.

http://www.o2.co.uk/o2email

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

My primary e mail account has been deleted but my secondary e mail still working. It might be a suprise to O2 but their technical processes and timings are not the centre of my universe so it would have been nice as a customer to have had some warning of what they were up to rather than having to check with their website and forums regularly to see what they were up to. They had my e mail address on their books!!!!!!!!!!
Now it appears that all @o2.co.uk accounts are closing in stages from November 1st up to April 2014 but without any messages from them this is only my take on it as no communication from them. As such I assume we will have to set up gmail, hotmail, etc etc accounts to carry on with all @o2.co.uk e mails being diverted to the new accounts. If this is correct, I can't access the O2 servers because of the account deletion to set up the diverts so doubly unimpressed unless O2 can sort it and help us to help them in a move which they and not their customers instigated.

Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous such I assume we will have to set up gmail, hotmail, etc etc accounts to carry on with all @o2.co.uk e mails being diverted to the new accounts. 

There is no divert for closed O2 email accounts. Once they are closed, all mail to the address is either bounced or sent to a black hole.

Message 20 of 23