Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 email accounts

JHA1E
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 has closed down its email accounts. Not a problem but I can still send to my account but I cannot download from the account to check. Emails sent to my o2 account just disappear. Why do emails sent to a defunct o2 email account not bounce back?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

After not receiving any emails into my o2 account after 9th August I have started receiving some again in the last two or three days! Whatever is happening??

O2 aren't renowned for the efficiency of their online systems.......I would doubt that they know exactly what is happening or why.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 17

MI5
  • 144893 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Trust me - no one knows !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's all a little confusing, they have either closed email or the servers are having a problem distinguishing between internal and external mail.

Message 13 of 17

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @JHA1E,

Your feedback and that of others in the same boat has ensured that from today, all closed down webmail accounts will have a message to indicate its closure. Hopefully this helps!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 144893 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
That's good to hear.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 17

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Makes you wonder why they couldn't do that before but at least people will be aware now.

Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have transferred my e-mail account to a web based server so I am not concerned what O2 do now.  O2 stopped sending me e-mails about a month ago... however, it appears to have started up again as I have received half a dozen junk e-mails and a couple of suspect virus posts.  What a shambles... I was one of the group of customers that never received notification that they were closing the service when SKY took over the broadband (I have since left that wreck of an IP) and they had to crank it up again until we had time to notify all our contacts about a new e-mail service.  

I also hear that O2 are on the verge of being sold.. you can't wonder why eh! 

Hotmail, G-Mail, Yahoo etc. all have a global e-mail presence on the internet,  effectively planting their corporate name all over the net.  Only O2 decide to scrap such a lucrative cheap to run service advertising their presence.  O2 senior management must have their heads firmly planted in the sand LOL  (exscuse the spelling, spell checker seems not to work on O2)

Message 17 of 17