Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with porting my number from 3

Karenlou
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I changed to o2 on 22nd August and sent across my pac code.  Something went wrong and I have ended up with a split sim.  I have spent hours of my life over the last two weeks trying to sort this out.  Every time I call I have to explain the situation all over again.  Every time I call I'm told to wait 24 hours and then everything will be ok.  It never is!!! 

I have contacted 3 who tell me that they have not received a request for the pac code from o2, but they must have!  They tell me I need to sort this out with o2.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to speed this process up?  I really am at the end of my patience with o2 and I'm regretting my decision to change to their network.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 need to request the porting files again from 3.
Keep calling cs until they sort it and I'd advise you make a complaint too http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 need to request the porting files again from 3.
Keep calling cs until they sort it and I'd advise you make a complaint too http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Karenlou
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I will just keep trying, it's so frustrating though!  If I hadn't bought the phone through mobiles.co.uk and got such a good deal I would have returned the phone and cancelled my contract by now.

Thanks for the address to complain to.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4