cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else being charged the £1.99 O2 travel charge to receive calls abroad? I've scrutinized my bills and phone logs and the O2 travel charge is being triggered on days that I haven't used my phone at all except when answering a call which is supposed to be free.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125962 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

If that is the case then you need to contact customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Calls are free to receive. http://www.o2.co.uk/o2travelupdate

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 149370 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Data will trigger it too, but no, never been charged for an incoming call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 125962 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

If that is the case then you need to contact customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Calls are free to receive. http://www.o2.co.uk/o2travelupdate

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You need to are sure mobile data is set to off. If there has been an error then customer service will refund you. 

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 recently also added "O2 Travel" bolt on onto my account - didn't ask, nor did they tell me. I didn't discover this until I was actually in France.

It offers £1.99 for all the data, texts and minutes you need! Fantastic, you think...

I spent a week there. I sent 4 texts over 4 separate days.

They charged me almost £8 for 4 single texts - I didn't even turn my data on all week.

Needless to say, when they actually fix their online chat, I'm complaining (because, guess what? No O2 signal at work). The most they're allowed to charge is the standard rate + 0.02p.

If they don't refund me, I'm leaving the network at the earliest opportunity. I've got too much stuff to deal with right now, and not some rip-off, unwanted, enforced bolt-on.

Urgh.

Anyway - that's why you've been charge so much!

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 149370 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Yes, we are aware and had you checked here first we would have told you too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

There are many threads about this. People should always check rates whenever they leave the UK so there are no nasty surprises.

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Funny thing is, most people don't have the time, nor energy to check forums for everything they're a customer of. You expect a certain level of common sense for a company that prides their customer service levels. 😞
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked the rates - O2 hadn;t made me aware they'd stuck this bolt-on on - which has separate rates.

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 149370 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
It is explained in the text you receive when arriving in a foreign country.
Message 10 of 13