Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Phone

Jiberson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have sent my phone away for repair at an o2 shop and have a loan phone to use meanwhile. First off I had to leave a £25 deposit for a phone worth less than £20 which seems strange in all fairness. The second thing that bugs me is the fact that it has all of the texts and contacts from the last person that had the phone before me which all seem to be drug related. This I am not impressed about as there could be a lot of personal details on the phone and in those messages and if I found out someone could have all of my details after I gave the phone back I would be less than impressed.

I am no expert in law but I'm fairly sure that it contravenes the data protection act as you have provided me details of one of your customers names and contact numbers for them and their acquaintances.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I would return to the store and ask for a fresh loan phone and get the store to check it has been reset.

If the current phone has criminal activity on it then o2 should hand it to the police as evidence of crimes.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I would return to the store and ask for a fresh loan phone and get the store to check it has been reset.

If the current phone has criminal activity on it then o2 should hand it to the police as evidence of crimes.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, i have just recieved a loan phone as my phone is in for repair. How am is suppposed to use it if my sim doesn't fit the phone that they gave me??? Or am i just being thick?

Message 3 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can use it with an adaptor which the shop should have.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149465 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
You need to get a sim swap to the correct size or if you need a bigger one you can use an adaptor. The shop can help you with either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, should the shop not have given me one when i was there or at least checked to see if i had a compatible sim?

Message 6 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149465 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Yes, it would have been better if they had covered the basics 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can point that out to them when you go back.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

iv just been given a loan phone which the man in the shop just put in a box and gave me to sort out when i got home  iv took it out of the box and its scrached like hell on the back ... will this matter when i take it back  or will they not give me a deposit back for it ? x

Message 9 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's why these aren't top end phones, it shouldn't be a problem.

Message 10 of 10