cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance Claim Haven't Taken SIM Out

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just had my phone collected to be sent off for an insurance claim I made. Unfortunately I've just realised that I have forgotten to take out my SIM card out of the phone before I gave it to the delivery man. I have tried to track my parecl but it won't work and I'm really not comfortable to talk on the phone. I'm better at talking via email about this but O2 don't have an email to contact them about this. What do I do? I'm stressing about about this.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23230 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Anonymous  You can try Live Chat, but you'd be much better off speaking to someone, possibly by going into an O2 store. You need to have the sim in your phone deactivated and will need a new sim. They would be able to do it for you in store then and there. Just make sure you bring identification with you. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
You need to call CS immediately so they can replace your sim.
They will post you a new one and cancel the old one
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
  • 23230 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Anonymous  You can try Live Chat, but you'd be much better off speaking to someone, possibly by going into an O2 store. You need to have the sim in your phone deactivated and will need a new sim. They would be able to do it for you in store then and there. Just make sure you bring identification with you. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
I wouldn't attempt live chat for this at all, sorry but you'll get it all messed up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 7

Bambino
  • 23230 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

OP said they were uncomfortable talking on the phone, which is why I suggested it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
I'm aware of that.
Just trying to save further pain down the road.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 7

Bambino
  • 23230 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

I agree, which is why I also suggested to the OP that they would be better off calling or going in store. If they aren't comfortable calling, or can't get to a store, chat may unfortunately be their only option, but should be the last resort.Smiley Frustrated

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7