Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Highlighted
Topics: 751

Re: How to view dvd on laptop

@WispaRed7 wrote:

Thank you @Cleoriff ... this looks like something my feeble tech brain can understand

You need to stop undermining yourself lady. Your brain is as sharp as a tack when you are in the mood for it....

It's the longest day so you have plenty of time to work it out...joy

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 271
Kudos: 471
Solutions: 4

@Cleoriff wrote:

@WispaRed7 wrote:

Thank you @Cleoriff ... this looks like something my feeble tech brain can understand

You need to stop undermining yourself lady. Your brain is as sharp as a tack when you are in the mood for it....

It's the longest day so you have plenty of time to work it out...joy

Thank you @Cleoriff Thanks!

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Highlighted
Level 47: Going Places

Depending on the version of windows, click the start button on screen (or press the windows key on the keyboard).
When the menu comes up, either search for "media" or scroll down to windows accessories and it should be listed in there.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Highlighted
Topics: 559
Solutions: 14,341

With the dvd in, open file manager and right click on the dvd drive, then click “run”
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted

I'm getting there @EmilieT with the link @Cleoriff posted & have found where WMC Windows Media Centre is with the help of @gmarkj saying to look under Accessories ... fingers crossed ...fingers crossed

I don't work for O2
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Highlighted
Topics: 559
Solutions: 14,341

Just download vlc player, it's way better than wmp https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.en-GB.html
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted

@MI5 wrote:
Just download vlc player, it's way better than wmp https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.en-GB.html

Thank you @MI5 ... a job for tomorrow when I can think afresh Smiley Happy

I don't work for O2
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
Highlighted
Anonymous

@WispaRed7

VLC is your best bet if nothing happens when you put it in as Windows 10 lacks any DVD Video support as standard

Here's the official link as we don't want you installing any garbage https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.en-GB.html

Highlighted

@Anonymous wrote:

@WispaRed7

VLC is your best bet if nothing happens when you put it in as Windows 10 lacks any DVD Video support as standard

Here's the official link as we don't want you installing any garbage https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.en-GB.html

Thank you @Anonymous this I have done ... I would give you kudos if the thread hadn't been moved to Off Topic from Other Products & Services 

I don't work for O2
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
Highlighted
Topics: 751

@WispaRed7It's in Discussions and Feedback now wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker