cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view dvd on laptop

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to view a recently bought 1st series of Game of Thrones dvd set on my laptop ... but I don't know where to begin apart from placing the dvd in the slot

I have Windows 10 & an Acer 5750 Aspire laptop

Any help will be gratefully received

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you @Cleoriff ... this looks like something my feeble tech brain can understand

You need to stop undermining yourself lady. Your brain is as sharp as a tack when you are in the mood for it....

It's the longest day so you have plenty of time to work it out...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you @Cleoriff ... this looks like something my feeble tech brain can understand

You need to stop undermining yourself lady. Your brain is as sharp as a tack when you are in the mood for it....

It's the longest day so you have plenty of time to work it out...joy

Thank you @Cleoriff Thanks!

Message 12 of 36

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Depending on the version of windows, click the start button on screen (or press the windows key on the keyboard).
When the menu comes up, either search for "media" or scroll down to windows accessories and it should be listed in there.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
With the dvd in, open file manager and right click on the dvd drive, then click “run”
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting there @EmilieT with the link @Cleoriff posted & have found where WMC Windows Media Centre is with the help of @gmarkj saying to look under Accessories ... fingers crossed ...fingers_crossed

Message 15 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just download vlc player, it's way better than wmp https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.en-GB.html
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Just download vlc player, it's way better than wmp https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.en-GB.html

Thank you @MI5 ... a job for tomorrow when I can think afresh slight_smile

Message 17 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

VLC is your best bet if nothing happens when you put it in as Windows 10 lacks any DVD Video support as standard

Here's the official link as we don't want you installing any garbage https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.en-GB.html

Message 18 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

VLC is your best bet if nothing happens when you put it in as Windows 10 lacks any DVD Video support as standard

Here's the official link as we don't want you installing any garbage https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.en-GB.html

Thank you @Anonymous this I have done ... I would give you kudos if the thread hadn't been moved to Off Topic from Other Products & Services 

Message 19 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousIt's in Discussions and Feedback now wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 36