cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view dvd on laptop

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to view a recently bought 1st series of Game of Thrones dvd set on my laptop ... but I don't know where to begin apart from placing the dvd in the slot

I have Windows 10 & an Acer 5750 Aspire laptop

Any help will be gratefully received

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jenny105 

Try this:

1. Start VLC. Go to tools, then VLC configuration. This is where it the drive to find video is defined (I think).
  2. Then go to "select input". At the disk drive, select 😧  Then close.
  3. Now, back in VLC menu, choose playback, then play. A window opens up.
  4. Choose the disc tab. Then at "disc device", use the drop menu to choose your drive (which should have the video title). Click on play and wait... 
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 36

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Hi M...… if I click on VLC in start menu, none of these items eg tools shows. Only shows, videos etc. I think I could handle tools but they don't show, sorry .
Ive uninstalled and reinstalled as well
Message 32 of 36

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No "Tools" on menu bar?

Related image

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 33 of 36

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Jenny105 

Try this:

1. Start VLC. Go to tools, then VLC configuration. This is where it the drive to find video is defined (I think).
  2. Then go to "select input". At the disk drive, select 😧  Then close.
  3. Now, back in VLC menu, choose playback, then play. A window opens up.
  4. Choose the disc tab. Then at "disc device", use the drop menu to choose your drive (which should have the video title). Click on play and wait... 

Yeaaaah      Thanks for this.  I couldnt find the ''tools'' , audio, vide0 etc . So I smelt a rat.  

The VLC was downloaded , this time from their VLC Lan website .  Hooorah. It works for DVD,  no problem. Tools and everything else along the top.

We're ready for the Boxing Day running of '' The Star '' for the grandkids.

Last December the local cinema mixed up the film times . BUT they gave us a private viewing when we turned up after school. Big cinema, all dark!! 4 of us with free pop corn thrown in. Wonderful local independent Curzon cinema on the South Coast.

I promised the family the DVD. Its out now. So we can view it for all the family day on Dec 26th.

Thanks everyone. Best Wishes for Christmas. 

Message 34 of 36

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Glad you found it wink

Currently using:
Message 35 of 36

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks MI5   maybe age or the ubiquitous win 10 is catching up on me.

I spent 60 mins trying to sort a prob scanning to my new Notebook.   If it hadnt been for the fact my printer/scanner is from HP I'd still be doing it today !! HP have a Scan Dr  etc for fixing stuff.  Wish i hadnt bought an ASUS notebook. Support is very weak.

Happy Days

Message 36 of 36