cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view dvd on laptop

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to view a recently bought 1st series of Game of Thrones dvd set on my laptop ... but I don't know where to begin apart from placing the dvd in the slot

I have Windows 10 & an Acer 5750 Aspire laptop

Any help will be gratefully received

Message 1 of 36
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Depending on the version of windows, click the start button on screen (or press the windows key on the keyboard).
When the menu comes up, either search for "media" or scroll down to windows accessories and it should be listed in there.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just put it in and it will play automatically.
Windows media player is most likely your default programme but you can also download Power DVD or VLC player which are both very good media apps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I use VLC but Windows Media Player is perfectly fine. Insert DVT and it will start playing automatically with all the controls onscreen. You may have to open it to full view.

Message 3 of 36

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous sunflower Did you manage to start watching Game of thrones in the end with the info @MI5 and @jonsie shared? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm struggling tbh ... the dvd is going round, but not on screen & I don't know which 'button' to click on ... sorry for being a bit of a numpty 😞

Message 5 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
Message 6 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

See if this helps @Anonymous

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/15067/windows-media-player-play-cd-dvd

Thank you @Cleoriff ... but ... I'm finding it difficult ... = ... annoyed with myself for finding the simplets of things you & the others help me with so difficult for me to do Crazy

Message 7 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff I've been going through the FAQ's on the link you provided ... & ... I may need a de-coder?

Cannot see a Windows Media Player 'button' on my laptop screen

I think it's better if I go & find some personal sustinence ... then try again ... thank you again Thanks!

Message 8 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Is this the PC you upgraded from Win 7 to win 10?

Anyway it WMP should be there. Have a look at how to find it here

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/use-windows-media-player-windows-10-default-app/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Cleoriff ... this looks like something my feeble tech brain can understand

Message 10 of 36