cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had Phone on Lease.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, 

My husband had a phone for a year on lease from 02. He Decided a year later that he no longer wanted it so he informed 02 before christmas 2013 and asked for a sim only account. I personally sent the phone back in the bag 02 provided for return on 11th January 2014. We found out last week that the phone was never received even though a check on the IMEI number of the phone shows its last use date was 10th January 2014. It's been months and I no longer have the receipt for sending it. I have tried to call DHL/Regneris as I'm getting no joy from 02 whatsoever. DHL/Regeneris which is where the phone was sent back to (as adviser from 02 said this morning) but I get thrown from pillar to post so have sent a few emails instead. Anyone else had this probelm please? He is still being charged for a phone he doesn't have 😞 xx 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all of your help 🙂 I sent many, many emails to DHL/Regeneris and eventually, I was helped and the phone is with them! It had been received the whole time so major panic over! 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally understand what your saying but proof of postage is key I'm afraid.

It's still in your possession until a confirmation via signature has been received 😞

Did you check any tracking system.

I review phones for O2 and send them back special delivery and check the online tracking to ensure they have received it and a signature was recorded.

Is their no way of finding the p.o office receipt.

If you know the date you went to the Post Office they may be able to assist you with finding the tracking id.

The imei is only tracked in the uk I believe so they could think it's been sent abroad or used for parts etc. I'm not saying you have by the way.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Thanks for your reply. 

We most definitely sent it back, it was the day after the 10th or possibly the 12th but I think it was more the 11th. I've asked the post office for help and they have given me a form which I have filled in and will post it this afternoon. It was Royal Mail Signed For postage. The jiffy bag I was sent was actually a free return but I wanted it signed for so paid the £1.10.....I definitely no longer have the receipt although I did have it for some time. 

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm not suggesting you have not sent it back I assure you.

However this is what scenarios they will be considering.

Hopefully as everything is kept on a database and it's not too long ago the Post Office will come good for you.

Your not the first person to send something back, pay for the special / recorded delivery route and not check it's been signed for. I'm sure in most cases all goes ok and hear nothing more.

I sent my partners unwanted phone back to O2 the same way. I also took time/date stamped photographs to prove it went back in good condition. slight_smile
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again,

i have just called the national Post Office number and asked if there's any way they can trace my transaction as I know date and rough time but they don't seem to think they can. Will go back to the Post Office I sent it from this afternoon and see what they say. You'd think there would be some kind of trace 😕

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Should be.

One of my colleagues at work mis placed a receipt for £200 worth of stamps and they found the transaction on their system.

He went back to the same P.O.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all of your help 🙂 I sent many, many emails to DHL/Regeneris and eventually, I was helped and the phone is with them! It had been received the whole time so major panic over! 

Message 7 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
A good result.

Learning curve ; check and keep those receipts. wink
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all. Much appreciated. I'll be keeping every receipt I ever get now! Will clean out a drawer I think for receipts only! Haha! Thanks again 🙂 xxxx
Message 10 of 10