cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get access to my old o2.co.uk email account?

Skyrim
Level 1: Joiner
  • 43 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used to have home broadband with o2 and used their email address as my primary email for years. I've since lost access to it, but it turns out I still have accounts with other companies that I registered with using my o2 email, and I can't access those accounts without access to my o2 email. Is it possible I can have access to my o2 email restored? Obviously I can provide any security info they might need.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Only 1 answer to this question which is no, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Skyrim

I very much doubt this will be possible. O2 email closed down finally about 18 months ago.

Everyone was given notice of the closure well in advance.

Unless our managers @Martin-O2, @Marjo or @EmilieT could work some sort of miracle, I really think you are out of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Only 1 answer to this question which is no, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

Skyrim
Level 1: Joiner
  • 43 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

*beep!*. Ah well, thanks.

Message 4 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff! Unfortunately @Skyrim @MI5 is correct the email service is now completely closed down and you can no longer access the email account or any of the emails. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 15

Skyrim
  • 43 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looks like I'm never going to play my old undead warlock from The Burning Crusade cry

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sorry about that @Skyrim

When we all had notice of the closure people were advised to move their O2 email accounts to another provider asap

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Sorry to hear that @Skyrim! Hopefully you can recover your warlock in some other way. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skyrim wrote:

Looks like I'm never going to play my old undead warlock from The Burning Crusade cry

If you know the email address and certain details, you can send a copy of some photo ID and get account control back..

@Marjo will know more about it.. but you can go to Battle net and submit a ticket, get a call back or live chat (nice choices these days) HERE

Message 9 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I'd personally use the Blizzard ticket method too @Anonymous, as I have used it in the past with account-related questions and found it helpful. slight_smile

My main character at the moment in WoW is an undead warlock too by the way @Skyrim! I hope you manage to recover yours. I'd love to hear how it goes. slight_smile

Message 10 of 15