Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g Signal Manchester city centre

AdamMurphy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why is the 4g signal strength so bad in Manchester City Center? I've been working there for the past few days - outside, and found the O2 4g signal strength dire ! It's that poor that my phone cannot complete a signal strength test ... Has anyone else had the same issues ?
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Surprise... not! As said, here I am again, different day same old trite!

Screenshot_20180417-130652.png

EE whilst not brilliant, bears no comparison

Screenshot_20**Personal info**-**Personal info**.png

Message 31 of 47

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Has there been any improvement yet?

I know of all the issues in Manchester and why they’re happening and also know of the remedy ie bringing the new 2300mHz spectrum to bear as what’s happened in London to apparently great effect. 

It would delight me to see O2 users in Manchester benefiting as well as those in London and surrounding areas.

Message 32 of 47

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I was there on Wednesday and can confirm that up until then there had been no improvement. Various sources led me to believe that it was just a matter of O2 flicking the switch....although O2 don't do simple. Fingers crossed for my next appointment there....

Message 33 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

At this stage I think this is disrespectful to all customers living or accessing Manchester City centre.

Last time I’ve checked my bills all on time, I’m doing my part here O2...

Coverage checker shows they are aware of mast down since September last year, and guess what? Done nothing.

And just don’t come with Vodafone area or any other excuse, this is the 21st century, come on O2

Message 34 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

At this stage I think this is disrespectful to all customers living or accessing Manchester City centre.

Last time I’ve checked my bills all on time, I’m doing my part here O2...

Coverage checker shows they are aware of mast down since September last year, and guess what? Done nothing.

And just don’t come with Vodafone area or any other excuse, this is the 21st century, come on O2

I haven't scrolled back in the thread @Anonymous but have you thought of making a complaint?

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain   It won't fix the issue but you may be offered a psyment as a gesture of goodwill.

The more people who complain may help the situation

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 47

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Keep checking here @Anonymous as I'm sure Manchester will be one of the areas to benefit from the new spectrum 4g roll out https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/New-4G-Locations-Updated-Weekly/m-p/1122487#M25017

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 47

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It just make me wonder what Manchester has to do to get some action by O2 as this isn't a recent problem. I'm not saying other cities have perfect coverage but Manchester is where I grew up and it just makes me so angry that I know when I go there that I have to rely on my EE phone. I'm hoping they don't drag there asses rolling out the new spectrum....they are up to now though!

Message 37 of 47

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I didn’t think Manchester wasn’t on the list for 2300MHz just yet.

Leeds have had 2300MHz switched on round the train station in in certain areas, but I saw yesterday comments on twitter with people complaint that when they get the Leeds train station o2 data stops working.  So even tho they may have 2300MHz on, I’m not sure if it’s fully active.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 38 of 47

WordlessJam
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Any updates if 4G is back up and running properly?
Message 39 of 47

Loosecanon
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's still no better. 4g on O2 is terrible pretty much anywhere in Manchester with lots of poeple
Message 40 of 47