Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 are a joke

Flawedsystem
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This company are a joke, been trying to upgrade my phone as its damaged, but I can't as they have to send a code to that number which I can't read even though I've answered all security questions, eventually managed to do it over phone, to find today they have sent it to my old address, I have phoned and live chatted but they will not change my delivery address, which I gave them yesterday, unless I give them a code sent to my damaged phone which I cannot read, unreal.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Flawedsystem 

You can take the SIM out of your damaged phone and place it in another unlocked or O2 mobile to receive the code you need. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
BRILLIANT @MI5 clear thinking
COOL 😎
a little IQ helpful as usual
Message 3 of 8

Flawedsystem
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not if you don't have another compatible phone which I do not, so my phone was refused on delivery, I am now trying to pick up from delivery company which is asking for proof of address, which is wrong, and the delivery card which I do not have, they have refused to cancel my account unless I return the phone which was never delivered, they wont let me make a complaint or speak to a manager, cheers person who refused to give me her full name

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Have you tried going into an O2 shop?
They will lend you a phone to receive the text.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Flawedsystem , as it's been a few days since you last posted, I wanted to check how you're getting on with this - are you still stuck or did you manage to sort this out in the end? Any help from the suggestion above about visiting a store? 

Message 6 of 8

Flawedsystem
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had to make a complaint and eventually they would send phone to my correct address the following day (friday). By this point I had managed to borrow a compatible phone to change accept code anyway. However on the Friday morning I noticed on my02 that delivery address was still showing as my old address so contacted them to check on live chat, which they did and told me phone would go to correct address that day. By late morning on the track your package page of delivery company I noticed that it still had not been sent, so I then had to contact delivery company direct to try and sort it. Managed to give them details and they updated no problem but unfortunately all drivers were already out so I had to wait until monday for it to arrive, which thankfully it did. I should have just phoned delivery company in the first place, they were much easier to deal with and seemed much more interested in finding a solution.
Message 7 of 8

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Really happy you eventually got this saga of the delivery sorted. @Flawedsystem wouldn't want to go through that again soon.
If it starts wrong it is hell to get anything changed. Especially now where there is fraud of course. Everyone is suspicious of changes.
However now enjoy your phone😁
Happy holidays ☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️
Message 8 of 8