cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Nokia Lumia 650

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having very recently upgraded from the 640 to the 650 ... because I was very kindly informed by a member on the forum that Microsoft were not going to make anymore Windows phones, so kinda get it whilst you can 

atm I am running both the 640 & the 650 as need to take time to see how to take my 640 caloendar over to the 650

Most of the carrying over was done in the Skipton shop by 3 different members of staff

May I compliment the shop, run by long-time general manager Stavros @Toby ... they worked seamlessly as a team ... I, basically, sat patiently whilst they did their job

Will someone on the O2 Community forum please explain in Janet-&-John speak ie do I have Wi-Fi switched permanently? on or off ... & ... do I have data switched permanently? on or off ... because as said on my 640 thread I'm loosing data fast since Whatsap & Messenger were downloaded onto my 640 last Friday by a whizz kid in the town's WMC

Cat

Message 1 of 129
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can only tell you what I do Jane. My wifi is on all the time and mobile data off as I spend most of my time in a wifi area. If travelling in the car Wifi is off as I am not going to pick up wifi anywhere along the roads I travel on.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Cleoriff ............?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
@Cleoriff ............?

@MI5 ... @Cleoriff is 20 years younger than me ... sooo she will most probably not know what Janet-and-John speak is ... tongue XX 

Message 3 of 129

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Prob having a nap..... older people need more sleep wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 129

jonsie
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Depending on how much data you have I would keep wifi on permantly and then switch off mobile data at home or when you are connected to wifi when out and about. Here I have them both switched on permantly as I have sufficient data to do so.

Message 5 of 129

jonsie
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Prob having a nap..... older people need more sleep wink

LOL

Having said that its 12.30 here so I need my sleep.....:smileywink:

Message 6 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can only tell you what I do Jane. My wifi is on all the time and mobile data off as I spend most of my time in a wifi area. If travelling in the car Wifi is off as I am not going to pick up wifi anywhere along the roads I travel on.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all above  ^  ^  ^  Thanks!

I'll do it tomorrow ... as ... need to put my lippy on in time for dinner out with a friend :womanvery-happy:

Message 8 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If away in the UK with friends I usually use Wifi. Most places have it. Abroad ALWAYS Wifi because everywhere I visit has wifi also.

This is the reason I have dropped my mobile data allowance with my new contract. I have gone from 4GB to 2GB...because at the most I used 1GB a month... if that...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

LOL

Having said that its 12.30 here so I need my sleep.....:smileywink:

Goodnight 'John Boy' slight_smile

Message 10 of 129