cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Nokia Lumia 650

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having very recently upgraded from the 640 to the 650 ... because I was very kindly informed by a member on the forum that Microsoft were not going to make anymore Windows phones, so kinda get it whilst you can 

atm I am running both the 640 & the 650 as need to take time to see how to take my 640 caloendar over to the 650

Most of the carrying over was done in the Skipton shop by 3 different members of staff

May I compliment the shop, run by long-time general manager Stavros @Toby ... they worked seamlessly as a team ... I, basically, sat patiently whilst they did their job

Will someone on the O2 Community forum please explain in Janet-&-John speak ie do I have Wi-Fi switched permanently? on or off ... & ... do I have data switched permanently? on or off ... because as said on my 640 thread I'm loosing data fast since Whatsap & Messenger were downloaded onto my 640 last Friday by a whizz kid in the town's WMC

Cat

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

LOL

Having said that its 12.30 here so I need my sleep.....:smileywink:

Goodnight 'John Boy' slight_smile

sBed_getup_100-100

Message 11 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been looking on the forum to see if there is a TTT Try The Tech on the 650 ... & ... it appears the computer says No Destroy

I have put both my 640 & 650 on Wi-Fi but just cannot see where data is to switch it off ... I've tried going into settings ... Wispa' in Jane the Pain mode = sorry slight_frown

If someone could put up say a guide to the 650 I'd be grateful, thank you in advance of any help offerred

Message 12 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 posted message 351on page 36 of my 640 thread ... it has a blue link to manually setting up a 640

I'm going to slowly work my way through that, as the 650 will be some-way like the 640

Good Idea

Message 13 of 129

captainprice
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
scroll down to the bottom of your main screen and you will see all apps tap then scroll down to settings tap, then tap on network and wireless then mobile & sim and you should see data connection and if its on or off
Message 14 of 129

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@captainprice wrote:
scroll down to the bottom of your main screen and you will see all apps tap then scroll down to settings tap, then tap on network and wireless then mobile & sim and you should see data connection and if its on or off

There you go @Anonymous, a windows expert so you don't need to rely on your favourites wink

Message 15 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Here you go Jane. A step by step guide...with pictures....Happy Dance

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/microsoft-lumia-650-manual-setup-guide

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 129

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Did you find that on GOOGLE @Cleoriff ? Smiley Very Happy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Did you find that on GOOGLE @Cleoriff ? Smiley Very Happy

I did indeed @MI5. There were loads of them....but I went for the one with pictures....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 129

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Splendid work ol' bean slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all of the above  ^  ^  ^  ... Thanks!

It was indeed that I had mobile data switched on ... @captainprice very easy instructions for me to follow Mexican Wave

@Cleoriff thank you for the blue link to a simple-to-follow guide to manual set up of the 650 (with pictures, yeah !!! )

Both the 640 & 650 now on charge ... tomorrow will use Cleo's reference to carry over calendar to new 650

Cat

like your avatar @captainprice 

Message 20 of 129