cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Nokia Lumia 650

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having very recently upgraded from the 640 to the 650 ... because I was very kindly informed by a member on the forum that Microsoft were not going to make anymore Windows phones, so kinda get it whilst you can 

atm I am running both the 640 & the 650 as need to take time to see how to take my 640 caloendar over to the 650

Most of the carrying over was done in the Skipton shop by 3 different members of staff

May I compliment the shop, run by long-time general manager Stavros @Toby ... they worked seamlessly as a team ... I, basically, sat patiently whilst they did their job

Will someone on the O2 Community forum please explain in Janet-&-John speak ie do I have Wi-Fi switched permanently? on or off ... & ... do I have data switched permanently? on or off ... because as said on my 640 thread I'm loosing data fast since Whatsap & Messenger were downloaded onto my 640 last Friday by a whizz kid in the town's WMC

Cat

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
What's the channel or station name and I'll look if it's available on TuneIn Radio?

thank you for replying @MI5

Sound of Spitfire radio ... or just ... Spitfire radio

It is broadcast from East Anglia

Message 121 of 129

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Yes, it's available on TuneIn Radio.

wp_ss_20180507_0001.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 122 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Yes, it's available on TuneIn Radio.

Thank you @MI5 slight_smile

On my laptop the screen shows really just a spinning propellor ... so ... it's boring to just sit there for an hour when I could be comfortable listening to music I like, but which doesn't get much of a prescence on the airwaves

Will let you know how I get on 

Message 123 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I'm thinking of running before I walk here so-to-speak ... however ... I've got TuneIn spitfire radio on my laptop = the sound is very good ... & ... MOR music which is fine with me ... here's the question:-

Can I have other stuff on my laptop screen ... = ... Facebook / O2 Community / Email page(s) whilst Spitfire radio sounds via the laptop?

I'd like to have a go at putting TuneIn on my phone by myself 1st before asking on here

As a relevant aside ... = ... just got Audible on my phone & chosen Stephen Fry reading the Greek myths ... he has a lovely voice for audio

Message 124 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Yes you can have other stuff open on your screen Jane and have the music tab open. Just open a new tab for FB...another one for O2 etc....So basically you can have any tab open and work on those and still have music in the background. The radio will carry on playing until you close the tab down...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 125 of 129

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, you can have other windows open whilst listening to tunein radio Jane slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 126 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both @Cleoriff & @MI5

I've been on the O2 Community for just over 4 years ... & ... I'm still 'making polite tech enquiries' ... LOL

It was @Bambino who said to me 'We've all been a tech novice' some time ago now ... nice words Bambino ... I seem to have got stuck ... but ... I'm content to just ask about what I need, speaking tech-wise ... I'll never have any tech knowledge to pass onto other op's ... just maybe, other interested parties may learn from my questions

Image result for tech novice images

Message 127 of 129

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Hi Jane, it's always better to ask about anything if unsure and it's perfectly acceptable to do so.
The forum is here for everyone to use for their own benefit which is different for everyone.

Currently using:
Message 128 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Hi Jane, it's always better to ask about anything if unsure and it's perfectly acceptable to do so.
The forum is here for everyone to use for their own benefit which is different for everyone.

Thank you @MI5

Message 129 of 129