Did you mean: 

Lost voicemails

kmcg86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi

I was looking to see if someone would be able to help me with retrieving voicemails since o2 customer service have been useless.

I recently upgraded my sim only contract only to find my visual voicemails have disappeared. There were some really precious messages there from my mum.

I have tried all the usual steps and following this I have access to visual voicemails. However, there is no option to retieve deleted items. All my messages have vanished.

I have contacted o2 customer service and they don’t know what to do except pass me onto Apple support. I have been told by Apple that this is an o2 issue.

The message on voicemail says “no voicemails”. Which is strange as there was at least twenty yesterday.

I really need some help in resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Voicemail is kept.on O2 servers, not the phone, so unless you had previously downloaded them and saves them as .wav files, they are gone forever I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @kmcg86 Sorry to hear this. I don't have an iPhone but found this which may help

https://lifehacker.com/5959990/recover-deleted-voicemail-on-an-iphone

Otherwise wait for @MI5 or @Anonymous to reply as they both have iPhones.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

kmcg86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks @Cleoriff but I don’t have the option of going into deleted messages - everything has just vanished 😞
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Voicemail is kept.on O2 servers, not the phone, so unless you had previously downloaded them and saves them as .wav files, they are gone forever I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately unless they were backed up to The Cloud ia iTunes I think they could be irretrievable. O2 certainly won't be able to help once voicemail has been reset which usually happens when upgrading or changing sim tarff. Try the link here:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Apple/where-are-my-voicemails-they-are-gone-after-i-updated-to-the-new/td-...

Message 5 of 5