cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackbery Passport on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if the  BB passport will be coming to o2?

Dave

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think positive. wink
Message 31 of 76

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92907 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 32 of 76

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Seems to be a lot of BB fans not getting what they want from O2 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 76

jonsie
  • 92907 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm of the opinion that O2 should be stocking the latest phones from the major manufacturers.

Message 34 of 76

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It must be effecting sales, but the question is "how much"?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 35 of 76

jonsie
  • 92907 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Chris_K for the answer. 

However, you have previously stated "It's more a question of what's right for O2 and customers as a whole"...so why aren't O2 customers involved in the decision making process? 

Would it not make more sense to consult customers on which phones they would like to see stocked by O2 rather than make the decision for them? Or is it sales of other models by the same manufacturer that O2 use to guage customer opinion (hence why every model of Samsung seems to be stocked)? What is the decision making process? As @aldaweb stated earlier in this discussion, "if the availability is zero the "up-take" will also be zero, simple logic."

Case in point...the BlackBerry Z30. I don't remember if it was every stocked by O2 but it has been brought up on the community on a number of occasions by customers like myself who no longer have an upgrade route from the Z10. Its also one of the phones that is most requested for the Try The Tech trial on the community.

If the Z30 had been available I know I for one would have paid off my contract and taken on a new one to get the Z30 by now. However like @Anonymous , I may need to consider moving away from O2 in the future if I am unable to get the latest BlackBerry.

However, can you confirm if O2 have any BlackBerry Passport devices for testing?

Message 37 of 76

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Having just trialled the Z30 I would have loved to have changed to one from the Z10 but although the trial one was O2 branded O2 have seen fit not to stock it. Why they bothered branding it and not stocking it totally escapes me. Crazy

It seems as though O2 want those who wish to continue to use Blackberry's to switch to their competitor networks.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 38 of 76

jonsie
  • 92907 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

alan1yandell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well it seems Vodafone Germany are going to stock it so Voda UK will i should think.However the Passport is not just a buisness phone Blackberry are selling it for consumers aswell.The amount of people that are interested in this phone is fantastic sure its different and thats why people are interested in it and want to try it.If O2 wont stock it then people will buy it from somewhere else and put a O2 sim card in it,and that would be O2's loss.

They can always get one from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw9LH_Dp2eM

Message 40 of 76