cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackbery Passport on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if the  BB passport will be coming to o2?

Dave

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous Yes I had been down to trial one but there seems to be a problem somewhere in the chain. slight_frown

I hope O2 aren't giving up on Blackberries altogether though.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 11 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
So back on Topic.

Social Media Team.

@Chris_K have you any idea please.
Message 12 of 76

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Update on the Z30 after a delay it arrived whilst I was away so had to wait to pick it up from delivery office, had to security wipe then update to 10.2.1.2977, just have to complete the device switch now.

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 13 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

With the BlackBerry Passport set to be the flagship phone for the year and something completely new and different to the market, I do hope O2 plan to stock it

Am loving my Z30 though!

Message 14 of 76

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144386 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

I'm pretty sure O2 have dropped all BB models which is a shame as the Z30 is an exceptional phone.

@Chris_K might have some more info on this....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
For me having trialled the Z30 via Try The Tech (and just to add balance) I was very disappointed with it (I posted a review previously). I had considered buying one before the trial, I certainly would not now.

I look forward to seeing the new BB and hopefully trying the tech on it to see if there is any further improvement but I feel BB have a long way to go. Sorry guys
Message 16 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it seems Blackberry Handsets have gone out of o2's interest scope at the moment.

Hopefully trend may change that.
Message 17 of 76

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes it seems Blackberry Handsets have gone out of o2's interest scope at the moment.

Hopefully trend may change that.

It's more a question of what's right for O2 and customers as a whole - ideally we'd like to stock every phone ever released on the market but due to logistics, stock room, wall space etc it's just not possible.

As I discussed a while back, we still partner with Blackberry and offer customers our complete support, wether they have a new or old device > http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/The-future-of-BlackBerry-on-O2/m-p/639205#M43270

With regards to the new 'Passport', I'm afraid we have no info to share on this at present but it's worth bearing in mind that Blackberry themselves are targetting professional/business users for this handset so it could have very limited consumer up-take... That is of course only my personal opinion - if I become aware of any official info on this device heading our way i'll make sure the Community knows about it.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 18 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
As ever thank you @Chris_K

slight_smile
Message 19 of 76

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Looking forward to some positive news on Blackberry handsets @Chris_K 

Message 20 of 76