cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackbery Passport on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if the  BB passport will be coming to o2?

Dave

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous thanks for taking the time to explain. I do appreciate that you may not be privy to what the procurement dept is up to, but in terms of offering customers more choice, I think BlackBerry should be stocked alongside Android, Apple and Windows Phone offerings. It's so frustrating to have to consider shelling out a ton of cash up front cover something that should be available as an upgrade. I would be happy if it was offered on business tariffs only as it is after all a productivity device and would be happy to change to a business tariff myself.
Message 41 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
If they (02) were ever to provide Blackberries again then it would be more balanced to provide them across the spectrum.

From what I see on the street more of the younger generation use these devices than businessmen !

Message 42 of 76

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If they (02) were ever to provide Blackberries again then it would be more balanced to provide them across the spectrum.

From what I see on the street more of the younger generation use these devices than businessmen !

Really? I can't think of the last time I saw someone using a Blackberry and I do take an interest in the phones I see people using.

Message 43 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes really jonsie

As you know I'm a keen people watcher ,and I often see the younger generation walking round with all model types of Blackberries.

(Of course I can only go on my own observations)
Message 44 of 76

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They used to be very popular with kids when the Bold range was current and BBM was prevalent but since BBM has been pushed out to other OS's they seem to have declined in popularity somewhat.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 76

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I think the Curve range was more popular among the kids because of the cheap prices they could be bought for, particularly the 8520 even though it wasn't even 3G capable.

As for the BBM rollout, that has more to do with seeking a revenue stream from those who have already moved away from Blackberry and possible tempting some back.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 46 of 76

Asdic_Ping
Level 4: Observant
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I still use a BlackBerry and I'm 52! It's a shame that O2 appear to have dropped BlackBerry from it's shops. I'm due for an upgrade soon so I'll probably opt for a sim only deal and keep the handset I currently have. I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but CPW look likely to stock the Passport, but it might only be an online deal like the Z30 was.

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook
Message 47 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like the Passport launch events are taking place on September 24th folks! 

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/09/save-the-date/

I've also seen a release date of October 1st mentioned...so fingers crossed! i think this might also include the release of BlackBerry 10.3 and BlackBerry Blend

Message 48 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

So it looks as though its being rumoured that the Passport will be released on October 1st

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/blackberry-passport-released-1-october-132354091.html#kOuskod

Message 49 of 76

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Interesting times ahead for all it seems Smiley LOL

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 50 of 76