Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Data Roaming

bs342
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently roaming with O2 Pay and Go in Europe on a Blackberry device. Before I left I activated the Blackberry Roaming Data bolt on which is valid for 30 days and allows me 10mb of BlackBerry Data. Also I am on O2 Travel costing £1.99 per day for 25mb of data per day. The O2 Travel kicks in automatically when I leave my wifi hotel in the morning and do not switch off mobile data on my handset. Both of these services are excellent, credit to O2 for offering these. 

My question is, without meaning to sound daft, What is the difference between my 10mb BlackBerry Data allowance and my 25mb Daily O2 Travel allowance ?  Is browsing the Web, Twitter etc counted as BlackBerry Data or Web data ?  Likewise, are emails and attachments , BBM etc counted as BlackBerry Data or Web data ? I suspect emails are actually BlackBerry Data but would appreciate some clarification on this so not to exceed my 10mb BlackBerry Data allowance. Thanks in advance for any help provided.  

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I think your reasoning is sound. From what I can gather, the blackberry allowance will cover BBM and your blackberry email.

Your web data should provide data for browsing/apps and so on.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I think your reasoning is sound. From what I can gather, the blackberry allowance will cover BBM and your blackberry email.

Your web data should provide data for browsing/apps and so on.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 4

bs342
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the reply. Seems to make sense.
Message 3 of 4

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
No worries:)

I must admit I had to search for the answers myself haha.

Enjoy your holiday:)
Message 4 of 4