The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8555 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 12,005
12,004 REPLIES 12,004

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125822 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Will do. I will let you know how it goes. PS.. Ray has already phoned the Civic and put our drinks order in for us and the gang. The joys of once working there rofl (well he still does the website for them so he is STILL employed by them) Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4871 of 12,005

jonsie
  • 93943 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Will do. I will let you know how it goes. PS.. Ray has already phoned the Civic and put our drinks order in for us and the gang. The joys of once working there rofl (well he still does the website for them so he is STILL employed by them) Whistle

mmmm....I can see someone getting well lubricated this evening CheersSmiley Very HappySpaced

Message 4872 of 12,005

jonsie
  • 93943 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 125822 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Soooo @Cleoriff , how was the evening entertainment?

It was absolutely the best show I have seen for years. Jasper was on red hot form and so funny.

His band line up was slightly different and better than ever. Bev Bevan on Drums, Geoff Turton, from The Rocking Berries, A female on the keyboard, a female singer who had toured with Led Zep, and two other guitarists.

They covered songs by Queen, Roy Orbison, Quo, Aretha Franklin, ELO, Elvis, Beatles, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Move, Little Richard, Black Sabbath, Stevie Wonder, Tina Turner, Marvin Gaye, Righteous Brothers, Walker Brothers and  PJ Proby.

Really superb.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4874 of 12,005

jonsie
  • 93943 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

I think I would have really enjoyed that. I've always thought Jasper was brilliant. I had two of his albums when he hadn't been going long as a comedian. I used to put them on whenever we had visitors and introduced him because not many people had heard of him back then, certainly none of my family. Fall down funny LOL

Message 4875 of 12,005

Cleoriff
  • 125822 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

He was really brilliant, funny with very little swearing apart from the occasional bloody. Took the mick out of his age. Told a few politically incorrect gags and got away with them by saying sod it, I've been doing the same old trash for 40 years so I forget the things I can and can't say. rofl

Ray was chuffed as he booked him last year. It took 6 phone calls to his manager, and when he confirmed the date, and told the boss of the Civic he had got Jasper, he couldn't believe it!

This was the first night of this particular tour.

Jasper seemed genuinely shocked although pleased at how well it went. He even said, Can't believe this is a sell out, you lot are bloody great...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4876 of 12,005

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38306 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions
Carrott Confidential... Sounds like he hasn't lost it!
Message 4877 of 12,005

Cleoriff
  • 125822 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

He certainly hasn't @pgn just as funny as he ever was.  The Bev Bevan band are better than ever with their new line up..

If anyone has the opportunity to go and see him in his Stand Up and Rock Tour, I would really recommend it.

http://www.jaspercarrott.com/live/stand-up-and-rock/

Let's face it, anyone who can open their set with We Will Rock You and do it well, gets my vote.wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4878 of 12,005

Cleoriff
  • 125822 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

By the way, Jasper said he has been asked more than once to return to TV but he has refused as he doesn't think his type of comedy would translate well on TV nowadays.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4879 of 12,005

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25585 Posts
  • 855 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So pleased you had a great night @Cleoriff and thanks for giving the details. Sounds brilliant. I`ve always loved Jaspar`s sense of humour and back in the day had copies of his book [with stories from his TV shows].

Even though he might not want to go back on telly, I don`t see why the repeat/nostaligia channels can`t reshow his TV shows.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4880 of 12,005