The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8556 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 12,005
12,004 REPLIES 12,004

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Unfortunately the defence was their downfall during the World Cup. They have plenty of options for going forward but until they shore up that defence it will be another disappointment for the Euros.

Appears to be the same story over and over again with english national football teams 😞

Thanks

Steve
Message 4851 of 12,005

jonsie
  • 93947 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

It makes you wonder if it's the sheer lack of world class players in both the men's and women's game or whether it's the management.

Maybe it's simply the amount of time they get to prepare for tournaments or qualifying games?

After all, remember Leicester winning the Premier title with just a few very good players but with a team that were set up very well and had a great team spirit with no prima donna attitudes amongst the players.

Message 4852 of 12,005

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It makes you wonder if it's the sheer lack of world class players in both the men's and women's game or whether it's the management.

Maybe it's simply the amount of time they get to prepare for tournaments or qualifying games?

After all, remember Leicester winning the Premier title with just a few very good players but with a team that were set up very well and had a great team spirit with no prima donna attitudes amongst the players.

I think that's the very issue with the England men's team in particular.  The public's expectation for the team is high because these players are highly paid and the Premier League is considered among the strongest leagues in the world.  But I think quite a few of the players are made to look better than they actually are because they play with world class players week in week out.  When they have to step up to be the star, they struggle.

For me, Wayne Rooney is a prime example of this.  He never was world class. He never performed at eurors & world cups.  His touch was awful.  Very over-rated

Thanks

Steve
Message 4853 of 12,005

Cleoriff
  • 125826 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@welshsteve76 

Only one thing Wayne Rooney was good at, and he failed at that as the cameras catch him all the time. Collette flew over to bring him back after his last escapade. Neither looked very happy. He is a berk risking his wife and 4 kids for a bit on the side...frowning2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4854 of 12,005

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@welshsteve76 

Only one thing Wayne Rooney was good at, and he failed at that as the cameras catch him all the time. Collette flew over to bring him back after his last escapade. Neither looked very happy. He is a berk risking his wife and 4 kids for a bit on the side...frowning2

Spot on @Cleoriff 

Thanks

Steve
Message 4855 of 12,005

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93947 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

What? No benefit of the doubt? The media can make a story out of compromising photos taken out of sequence and context. I sympathise with him and this latest attempt by the tabloid to muck spread.

Message 4856 of 12,005

Cleoriff
  • 125826 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Well he has a lot of history in that respect @jonsie so he should be more careful who he is papped with going into a hotel at a certain time of night!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4857 of 12,005

jonsie
  • 93947 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Exactly and that's precisely why they like to sensationalise any whiff of an opportunity to dig more dirt.

Message 4858 of 12,005

Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodnight all of the Community, Sleep Well

Image result for images of goodnight black cats

Message 4859 of 12,005

Cleoriff
  • 125826 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Missed this @Anonymous . I had logged off I think.

Anyway good morning. I see Autumn is on its way with a significant drop in temperature!

What I dislike about summer ending, is the onset of shorter days and loss of natural light. I'm definitely suffering with S.A.D.s. upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4860 of 12,005