The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8581 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 12,007
12,006 REPLIES 12,006

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125888 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

"Life and soul of the party,", intoned the Cheshire Cat, from the vicinity of TNS. LOL

I'm sorry but I can't stand them. I know I say I love all wildlife but there is a limit to my love, when it comes to my garden!! rofl

I dont pay good money for plants, just to provide a banquet for slugs and snails.

I also have a dislike of damn pigeons, despite their war effort. I have spent hours repainting my wooden garden furniture, only to find it covered in pigeon ****...so they can go and do one as well !!rage

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4371 of 12,007

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@pgn wrote:

"Life and soul of the party,", intoned the Cheshire Cat, from the vicinity of TNS. LOL

I'm sorry but I can't stand them. I know I say I love all wildlife but there is a limit to my love, when it comes to my garden!! rofl

I dont pay good money for plants, just to provide a banquet for slugs and snails.

I also have a dislike of damn pigeons, despite their war effort. I have spent hours repainting my wooden garden furniture, only to find it covered in pigeon ****...so they can go and do one as well !!rage

LOL and I'm laughing with you not at you @Cleoriff. I've had pigeons dump on me, never mind your garden furniture, nasty creatures. As for slugs and snails ugh! Then there are cockroaches, another of God's creatures; but you wouldn't want to give them house room. So, yes, there is a limit I wholeheartedly agree!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4372 of 12,007

Cleoriff
  • 125888 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

I've never had cockroaches here @Glory1 .

However my apartment in Spain was another matter!!

The apartment block was old, built in 1975. To ensure the pipework was hidden in every apartment, there was a gap between the outside and inner walls. Many of them lived in the wall cavities.

I had cockroach traps and sprays, just in case. Every time I went over to Spain, I gave the apartment a damn good going over with repellents etc.

I kept them at bay mainly, although I made sure I put the plugs in every sink and the bath before I went to bed. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4373 of 12,007

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38363 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

You have not been dumped on until it has been by a seagull - gross, and the stench of fish... nauseated_face

Still, t'is apparently lucky - probably 'cos you've to buy a new top or jacket...!

Message 4374 of 12,007

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I've never had cockroaches here @Glory1 .

However my apartment in Spain was another matter!!

The apartment block was old, built in 1975. To ensure the pipework was hidden in every apartment, there was a gap between the outside and inner walls. Many of them lived in the wall cavities.

I had cockroach traps and sprays, just in case. Every time I went over to Spain, I gave the apartment a damn good going over with repellents etc.

I kept them at bay mainly, although I made sure I put the plugs in every sink and the bath before I went to bed. rofl

No I've never had them in either of my flats in England @Cleoriff nor when I shared a flat with my mum. The family flat I shared with my mum and dad, however, was a different matter. The building was infested with them, partly as there was a bakery and family grocery on the ground floor. So we had mice as well. Mice don't bother me so much but a fear of insects and spiders I've had since I was a small child. I'm better at dealing with things that crawl and fly but still abhor them, I'm afraid. Though I do like butterflies and ladybirds.

Message 4375 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

I try hard to get over my fear of slugs ... one tonight inside the rim of the blue bin ... grimacing ... I live in an old house with a badly pitted concrete yard which retains moisture which the darned slugs love ... either side of me their yards don't seem to have last year's or even the year's before leaves still stuck to the yard floor ... there would be Yorkstone flags under the concrete ?

My ivy in a tub has 3 babies rooted in the now what is 'leaf compost' lol ... the slugs usually get lots of salt from me ... occasionally one gets inside = freaks me out ... have thrown salt up the inside of the outside door at one slug & it just fell off onto the floor ... don't believe in slug pellets as I have a cat and my neighbour has 5 cats 

Cockroaches when lived in UAE Sharjah ... they ran up between the outer curtaining & their linings ... awful things Fear

Not bothered by insects other than flies - they get sprayed with Raid even if it is up the windows ... have been recommended one of those old fashioned sticky brown fly strips which hang from the ceilings ... cheap on Amazon I'm told

Image result for images red admiral butterfly

The Red Admiral butterfly ... don't get these in my yard wink

The stripey snails still about in my 'Wildlife Eco-Friendly Yard' 

Message 4376 of 12,007

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38363 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

Hearing the odd cockroach skitter across the top of the polystyrene tiles in the suspended ceiling in the bathroom when I was younger always made for a short sit... Astounded

I remember the time one got in the rheostat that controlled the fan speed of the ceiling fan in our breakfast room... there was a shower of sparks from the control when it was first turned on after we returned home at the end of one summer, and it stank to high heaven for a couple of hours.

The cockroaches loved to eat the labels of the wine bottles - I think the gum must've been sweet or something.

The best thing for getting rid of them was a product called DabItOff (or Thawpit), a fluid used to dab stains out of jackets or coats, based on the stuff they used to use in dry-cleaning machines, carbon tetrachloride - kills 'em stone-dead. CTC works on one of the ugliest spiders in existence, the "Camel Spider", too.

Message 4377 of 12,007

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Just reading your post @pgn made my skin crawl. Cockroaches and spiders two things I hate the most. Thank God I've no cockroaches, just the odd spider to deal with. I hate creepy crawlies worried

Message 4378 of 12,007

jonsie
  • 93960 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Message 4379 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Cockroaches are so small in England.....just sayin'!

You sayin' size does matter @jonsie wink Whistle innocent

Message 4380 of 12,007