The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8589 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 12,007
12,006 REPLIES 12,006

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125896 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

I just thought it was a fitting end to the Netflix showing of Our Planet, narrated by David Attenborough. A really stunning series

The part about Chernobyl was in the last segment of the last episode.

Having recently watched Chernobyl, I honestly had no idea that the forest had grown in this area. More importantly, all the wildlife had found a safe haven

The message clearly being, left well alone from human intervention, our planet will survive anywhere, even in Chernobyl. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4311 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you sooo much for posting @Cleoriff 

Old Saying ... = ... Man Will Destroy Man

Man has destroyed a lot of the planet ... & ... is continuing to do so at an alarming rate !

But, it's absolutely fantastic about the Chernobyl site has now become a haven for wildlife ... brings joy to my heart heart

Message 4312 of 12,007

Cleoriff
  • 125896 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Thanks Jane.

I think you had to watch Our Planet to realise why I was so emotional about it. To see all those high rise blocks of flats, empty of humans, the infamous reactor plant, which blew up (now covered with a radiation shield) and also empty.....then see the beautiful forest which has flourished and covers acres of land, along with all the wildlife who are self sustaining, was pretty mind blowing if honest. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4313 of 12,007

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks Jane.

I think you had to watch Our Planet to realise why I was so emotional about it. To see all those high rise blocks of flats, empty of humans, the infamous reactor plant, which blew up (now covered with a radiation shield) and also empty.....then see the beautiful forest which has flourished and covers acres of land, along with all the wildlife who are self sustaining, was pretty mind blowing if honest. heart

I agree with you @Cleoriff, as like you I watched Our Planet, thanks to your encouraging me to get Netflix just to watch this series. This series alone has been mind blowing the whole way through but the final episode brought tears of joy to see what has grown out of utter devastation. That man can't live there is a good thing, I think. One part of the earth man can't destroy.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4314 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @JAZZ-trad 

I'm wondering if you enjoy trad jazz music ... & ... maybe swing music ?

I do so very much ... & ... loved going to the local jazz club ... I found I could dance to the music ... & ... once I got an ear for the music, well it didn't all sound the same smiling

I was the youngest at the club & took to writing up the gigs for the international Trad Jazz magazine ... sad to say the club is now now longer running ... & ... without your own transoport it is difficult to get to live gigs 

I don't like cool jazz

I've been to some jazz festivals, including 2 abroad at Furteventura in November which set me up for the whole following Winter smiling

Image result for images for phil mason and his new orleans jazz band

My fave band - Phil Mason's New Orleans All Stars with Christine Tyrrell

sadly Phil passed away a few years ago ... R.I.P. Phil Mason

Message 4315 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Message 4316 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop Boris Campaign ... is it true ?

Gets My Vote

My true political colours ... are ... Golden Yellow at heart ... heart ... I don't mean I'm a cowardly cowardly custard either LOL

Message 4317 of 12,007

Cleoriff
  • 125896 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

We will have absolutely no say in who wins the leadership battle @Anonymous so it's pointles the public trying to sway opinion either way.

We seem to be a country who protests a lot the last few weeks. Protesting about the Trump visit, protesting about Brexit, protesting against the Tory leadership....

Just put Sir David Attenborough in charge, he will sort them out!!!

On to another subject for fans of Killing Eve @Glory1 @jonsie ...

Kim Bodnia, the guy who plays Konstantin was on This Morning yesterday. He let slip there will be a series three. Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4318 of 12,007

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Now that has made my morning @Cleoriff , thank you. Not watched series 2 yet but its on my Kindle ready to view.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4319 of 12,007

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25596 Posts
  • 857 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff ; @Glory1 ; @jonsie 

so I guess Killing Eve won`t be nominated for Room 101 then ? Whistle

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4320 of 12,007