The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8589 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 12,007
12,006 REPLIES 12,006

Cleoriff
  • 125896 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello @Cleoriff ... glad you slept well smiling

How's the new bathroom going ?

No doubt you've got plenty of strong tea & chocolate biscuits to accomodate the workmen wink

Noisily @Anonymous 

Yes they had tea...but no choccie biscuits. I don't want them to stay longer than possible!! rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4301 of 12,007

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25596 Posts
  • 857 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff  Hope the building work you`re having done goes OK.

My painter brought his own flask of coffee [He must have sussed I dont do coffee] and also brought chocky biscuits, which he shared with me.

To be honest, he`s made a really good job, he not only covered furnature but moved it [as I can`t], stayed until 6pm and will be here at 8.30am in the morning, and all will be finished and returned back to how it was. Well pleased thumbsup  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4302 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Cleoriff 

Hope your bathroom work is going alright ... & ... the workmen are clearing up as they go

You've made me lol with your comment about no choccy bicis LOL

Pleased @Mi-Amigo that your decorator is doing a good job for you smiling

Message 4303 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a Laugh on Me 

Twice today, in 2 separate public places, have I been caught with my flowery dress caught up in the back of my Big Girls Knickers ..... Oh The Shame Smiley Embarassed

Message 4304 of 12,007

Cleoriff
  • 125896 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@jonsie  @Glory1 @Anonymous @Mi-Amigo @pgn  (and anyone else interested in Chernobyl Lol

Bit of an eye opener tonight. I was watching the last episode of Our Planet.

It was about Forests and the animals who live within them

Of course the awful news is 50% of the worlds forests have been destroyed due to humans.

However and this is fascinating. Many of us have discussed the series Chernobyl?

So Chernobyl, 30 years on is still an exclusion zone.

10 years after the disaster, trees and vegetation began to grow and thrive. So NOW Chernobyl has a massive forest and animals have returned. They showed wolves, deer, foxes, rabbits etc. All growing, all thriving. No humans, just animals and a large beautiful forest.

I found this particularly poignant. An area so destroyed by a nuclear disaster, and somewhere which will be an exclusion zone to humans for a few 100 years has somehow managed to become a safe haven for trees, forests, vegetation and wild animals. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4305 of 12,007

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93971 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

It makes you think doesn't it. Soon people will be back living there and destroying nature. When nature is left to itself then it will thrive. Add a couple of humans to the mix and they will devastate it within a few short years. Long may they be excluded.

Message 4306 of 12,007

Cleoriff
  • 125896 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@jonsie 

Not for another 20,000 years will humans be allowed to return to Chernobyl according to many articles including this one

https://www.livescience.com/39961-chernobyl.html

The region today is widely known as one of the world's most unique wildlife sanctuaries. Thriving populations of wolves, deer, lynx, beaver, eagles, boar, elk, bears and other animals have been documented in the dense woodlands that now surround the silent plant. Only a handful of radiation effects, such as stunted trees growing in the zone of highest radiation and animals with high levels of cesium-137 in their bodies, are known to occur.

But that's not to suggest that the area has returned to normal, or will at any point in the near future. Because of the long-lived radiation in the region surrounding the former Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, the area won't be safe for human habitation for at least 20,000 years.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4307 of 12,007

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25596 Posts
  • 857 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for letting us know about the programme @Cleoriff .

It is amazing that humans destroy the environment, the habitat and creatures with which we share this planet. Yet, whilst Chernobyl remains an exclusion zone to humans, nature has made it a haven, with forest, trees and vegetation, which are the home for wildlife - free from human interference, and may it continue to be so.  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4308 of 12,007

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thanks for letting us know about the programme @Cleoriff .

It is amazing that humans destroy the environment, the habitat and creatures with which we share this planet. Yet, whilst Chernobyl remains an exclusion zone to humans, nature has made it a haven, with forest, trees and vegetation, which are the home for wildlife - free from human interference, and may it continue to be so.  

Amen to that @Mi-Amigo. At least with humans out of the picture, the area can continue to thrive for the benefit of our flora and fauna. Mother Nature keeping her hand in.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4309 of 12,007

jonsie
  • 93971 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Nothing really has changed from the meteor wiping out the dinosaurs and all other animal life when you think about what  man has acheived since then. The only difference being that the meteor was a natural disaster. The force of nature is nothing compared to the force of man on the planet.

Message 4310 of 12,007