Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93957 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
It was no doubt, no one wanted to see that I'm sure. It takes nothing away from the legendary status he has earned.
Message 7581 of 7,616

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

These Games, I thought he'd aged (facially) quite significantly....may be he was carrying an injury.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 7582 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 125854 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

These Games, I thought he'd aged (facially) quite significantly....may be he was carrying an injury.

I agree @Beenherebefore. They showed clips of his career and his face had aged at this event

usain-bolt-1.jpg

However, I doubt we will ever see the like of him again. He seemed a real smashing bloke, loved the adultation and never came across as someone with a massive ego. When beaten by the cheating Justin Gatlin ..he was very gracious. Even asking the crowd not to boo. Fat chance in my opinion. I never think cheating athletes should ever be allowed to return. (I don't care if that's controversial..it's how I feel) 

I also feel sad for Mo. The plan of attack seemed to bump and barge and box him in.

For all that it was brilliant to see our lads beat the USA in the relay.....Only one commentator said they stood a chance Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7583 of 7,616

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

It's that time of the year again where 3 letters bring me out in cold sweats and give me heart palpatations...the dreaded MOT! 😞

Given that my car hasn't cost me a penny all year apart from fuel, I was expecting and half prepared for a bit of a weighty bill. Pre-empting issues with a rather shiny tyre, I had that changed last week, but was still nervous about the exhaust, brakes, windscreen chip and loads of other little niggles.

Dropped it off this morning, heard nothing for a few hours to I checked it online and was greeted by 4 letters that were even worse, and I'll give you a clue...they didn't begin with a P.

Turns out it had failed on the exhaust and a wheel bearing! Fortunately the exhaust was a welding job only, and the bearing a realatively cheap and easy fix, bringing the grand total for a years motoring to just £165, and that includes the tyre. Smiley Very Happy

The sad news is, it's the beginning of an expensive few weeks. Road tax and insurance for the year are next at the beginning of September, and then at some stage shortly afterwards our new bridge is opening across the river, which given I live outside of the borough and have to cross the bridge for work, is going to cost me another £1,080 per year in toll charges. 😞 Ouch! Jaw-dropping

If it had failed on anything more serious, I think i'd be seriously considering a pushbike, as they're exempt from the toll!

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 7584 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 125854 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

It's A level results today. Waiting so impatiently to hear from my grandson....He gets them at 11am officially. However... he can access the UCAS site from 8am to see which (if any) University has offered him a place. This will give him an indication of his results. Oh give me a valium now....FearHappy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7585 of 7,616

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
The best of luck to your grandson @Cleoriff. Let us know how he got on.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7586 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 125854 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
The best of luck to your grandson @Cleoriff. Let us know how he got on.

Only if he did well and got the Uni he wants. Either Leicester or Loughborough........LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7587 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 93957 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Message 7588 of 7,616

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Why do we enjoy creating pressure and stress ?

GCE results and university places was a calmer time in my day.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 7589 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 125854 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Why do we enjoy creating pressure and stress ?

GCE results and university places was a calmer time in my day.

It's stressful as they changed the way A levels were studied  and undertaken this year @Beenherebefore

In fact some kids would have been better doing BTech exams which invariably mark out at A grade and are acceptable THIS year at most universities. Something they weren't aware of until half way through their A level course...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7590 of 7,616