cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Community Reads - What are you currently reading?

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

pexels-cottonbro-4866043.jpg

Hi everyone,

As you might have spotted here on the Community before, we have a few avid readers that like to share their book recommendations with the rest of us. A few weeks ago, we have started introducing a monthly book thread but after your suggestions, we have now decided to instead keep our love for books only in one general thread.

Of course there will still be monthly updates but we would like you to join in beyond that with sharing your current reads, long-time favourites and new discoveries in this thread whenever you like! That way we have a place we can share our thoughts and discuss regularly instead of splitting it up in monthly threads.

Saying that, I myself have just started a new book. You might know from the previous thread that I am a bit of a crime novel-lover, so that’s where I found myself again. And with the days getting longer and the evenings lighter, I hopefully also won’t be shaken that easily. This month’s read for me is How to Disappear by Gillian McAllister which evolves around a mother whose daughter witnessed a horrible crime and now disappearing is the only solution for them. With a tagline saying “You can run, you can hide, but can you ever really disappear? . . .” I sure am on my toes already...

What are you currently reading? What is your all-time favourite book? And what have you recently discovered? Share your thoughts, recommendations and favourites with us in the comments!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The Snowman by Joe Nesbo 

Ohhhh I heard that is good @jonsie. Wasn't it made into a film as well or something?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 46

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

The Snowman by Joe Nesbo 

Ohhhh I heard that is good @jonsie. Wasn't it made into a film as well or something?

If it wasn't made into a film then it should be

Excellent book once you get your head round the Swedish names

Message 4 of 46

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@TheresaV wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

The Snowman by Joe Nesbo 

If it wasn't made into a film then it should be

Excellent book once you get your head round the Swedish names

I just checked and it was indeed made into a film @jonsie but that might be a bit too scary for me since I am a chicken sweat_smile

signature

Message 5 of 46

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Oh and I just saw that it has really bad ratings @jonsie neutral So maybe it will only be the book for me. Such a pity if film adaptions of books turn out bad. But also such a hard task to make a book into a film without ruining the reader's imagination

signature

Message 6 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I read The Split (as recommended by you) @TheresaV . It took a bit of time to get into but I really enjoyed it.

Now I am nearly at the end of a book by one of my favourite horror writers Dean Koontz. Called The Other Emily and I am really disappointed with it. He used to be such a good writer but seems to have lost the plot with this one.

The next two waiting to be read are The Therapist by BA Paris and Her Last Holiday by CL Taylor. Both psychological thriller stories. My favourite type of book!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm reading War and Peace by Tolstoy, and the Beano.

Message 8 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm reading War and Peace by Tolstoy, and the Beano.

A great mix there @Anonymous yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie I saw this book and thought wow that looks like a great film - Looked it up and it's got a good cast etc. but it got absolutely panned by the critics, it has a rating of 7% on Rotton Tomatoes and poor reviews on Amazon too. Hope the book is better.

Message 10 of 46