cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Community Reads - What are you currently reading?

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

pexels-cottonbro-4866043.jpg

Hi everyone,

As you might have spotted here on the Community before, we have a few avid readers that like to share their book recommendations with the rest of us. A few weeks ago, we have started introducing a monthly book thread but after your suggestions, we have now decided to instead keep our love for books only in one general thread.

Of course there will still be monthly updates but we would like you to join in beyond that with sharing your current reads, long-time favourites and new discoveries in this thread whenever you like! That way we have a place we can share our thoughts and discuss regularly instead of splitting it up in monthly threads.

Saying that, I myself have just started a new book. You might know from the previous thread that I am a bit of a crime novel-lover, so that’s where I found myself again. And with the days getting longer and the evenings lighter, I hopefully also won’t be shaken that easily. This month’s read for me is How to Disappear by Gillian McAllister which evolves around a mother whose daughter witnessed a horrible crime and now disappearing is the only solution for them. With a tagline saying “You can run, you can hide, but can you ever really disappear? . . .” I sure am on my toes already...

What are you currently reading? What is your all-time favourite book? And what have you recently discovered? Share your thoughts, recommendations and favourites with us in the comments!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The book itself is a good read. too many films however are abridged unfortunately

Guess I'll give the film a miss wink

Message 11 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff haha, yeah I know.. It's heavy reading the Beano rofl

Have you ever read any James Herbert? I have read all his books in the past, used to be one of my favourite writers.

Message 12 of 46

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 13 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff haha, yeah I know.. It's heavy reading the Beano rofl

Have you ever read any James Herbert? I have read all his books in the past, used to be one of my favourite writers.

Yes @Anonymous  when I was into horror, it was Stephen King, Dean Koontz and James Herbert. Stopped reading King when he started the fantasy stuff....but recently read Doctor Sleep a follow up to the Shining and it was excellent. Read most of James Herberts books as well.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 46

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Just finished a Peter James Roy Grace book.
Wasn't the first in the series I found out part way through, which explains why I didn't understand everything that was going on!
Just before that I read a book by Simon Kernick (Kill a Stranger). Really good and up to his normal standard.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 15 of 46

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I read The Split (as recommended by you) @TheresaV . It took a bit of time to get into but I really enjoyed it.

Now I am nearly at the end of a book by one of my favourite horror writers Dean Koontz. Called The Other Emily and I am really disappointed with it. He used to be such a good writer but seems to have lost the plot with this one.

The next two waiting to be read are The Therapist by BA Paris and Her Last Holiday by CL Taylor. Both psychological thriller stories. My favourite type of book!

It took me ages to get into The Split as well I have to say but I quite enjoyed it at the end...

So disappointing if you are used to an author's books but then they don't keep up with the hype. Anyways, I will make sure to add the two you suggested to my to read list smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 16 of 46

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Just finished a Peter James Roy Grace book.
Wasn't the first in the series I found out part way through, which explains why I didn't understand everything that was going on!
Just before that I read a book by Simon Kernick (Kill a Stranger). Really good and up to his normal standard.

I am useless when it comes to book series @gmarkj sweat_smile I always find it such a daunting task to take on a series because I keep forgetting details when moving onto the next book. The one from Simon Kernick looks promising though, I might give that one a go!

signature

Message 17 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you do try the books by BA Paris and CL Taylor @TheresaV, I really think you will enjoy them. Excellent in the psychological thriller genre.

You will end up looking for more books they have written.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried reading not long back I managed to get through one book but it was tough going. The second has not been touched.

Will be trying to re read these though.

DtCotW is my favourite.

IMG_0087.JPEG

Message 19 of 46

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

If you do try the books by BA Paris and CL Taylor @TheresaV, I really think you will enjoy them. Excellent in the psychological thriller genre.

You will end up looking for more books they have written.

I love finding new authors and then discovering all of the other things they have written. I will definitely try one of the two for my next book @Cleoriff . Meanwhile I am imaging you in a book shop looking somewhat like this:

giphy (5).gif

signature

Message 20 of 46