cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Community Reads - What are you currently reading?

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

pexels-cottonbro-4866043.jpg

Hi everyone,

As you might have spotted here on the Community before, we have a few avid readers that like to share their book recommendations with the rest of us. A few weeks ago, we have started introducing a monthly book thread but after your suggestions, we have now decided to instead keep our love for books only in one general thread.

Of course there will still be monthly updates but we would like you to join in beyond that with sharing your current reads, long-time favourites and new discoveries in this thread whenever you like! That way we have a place we can share our thoughts and discuss regularly instead of splitting it up in monthly threads.

Saying that, I myself have just started a new book. You might know from the previous thread that I am a bit of a crime novel-lover, so that’s where I found myself again. And with the days getting longer and the evenings lighter, I hopefully also won’t be shaken that easily. This month’s read for me is How to Disappear by Gillian McAllister which evolves around a mother whose daughter witnessed a horrible crime and now disappearing is the only solution for them. With a tagline saying “You can run, you can hide, but can you ever really disappear? . . .” I sure am on my toes already...

What are you currently reading? What is your all-time favourite book? And what have you recently discovered? Share your thoughts, recommendations and favourites with us in the comments!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Been going back over Dean Koontz novels to get rid, so have read Dragon Tears and about to read all the Odd Thomas books.

Interesting @gmarkj do you tend to reread books or do you always for a new one? I found I often forget bits of the story but feel less excited rereading even if it is an absolutely outstanding book!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 31 of 46

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I know the question was aimed at @gmarkj  @TheresaV  but I have to say I do re-read books.

My tastes have changed over the years and I have a set of books by Georgette Heyer who wrote Regency romances and I have read them over and over again. Nice to pick up one to have a rest from thrillers and horror books rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 46

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It depends on my mood (and the instructions of my wife) @TheresaV!
We are trying to reduce the number of books in the house by reading ones we don't want to keep anymore.
I would also go back over a series if i was reading a new one and it had been a while since i read the last one.
The Riftwar series (and all the connected sets) by Raymond E Feist i have read probably more than 15 times!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 33 of 46

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Good points @Cleoriff @gmarkj! I myself don't read a lot of books that are part of a series, so that's probably partly why. I used to reread historic novels because they were so complex I would have forgotten half the plot when I reached the end already joy My absolute favourite used to be The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. I devoured that one when I was about 9 or 10 I think!

signature

Message 34 of 46

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6978 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Busy ready Michael Connelly The Scarecrow
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 35 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just finished The Outsider by Stephen King and started The Guest House by CL Parker.  The SK book was superb.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 46

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Currently reading The Obsession by Nora Roberts. Really good and am looking forward to reading the end!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 37 of 46

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Currently reading The Obsession by Nora Roberts. Really good and am looking forward to reading the end!

My favourite author @gmarkj. I've read The Obsession. Brilliant. I'm on her mailing list for new releases and those books under her other pen name JD Robb.

Just checked Amazon. Apparently I bought The Obsession in May 2018.rofl

Edited to add, even Stephen King thinks Nora Roberts is superb.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 46

RunrigForever
  • 2079 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sea of Spies by Alex Gerlis

2nd book in a 4 part series

Rural policeman recruited to be a British spy during WW11

Amazon did me proud here

Recommended on account of my avid reading of Mick Heron 'Slough House' series of spy / thriller/ satire books.

Addicted to Amazon Prime

***DESORMAIS***
Message 39 of 46

RunrigForever
Level 19: Quirky
  • 2079 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Max the Miracle Dog by Kerry Irving. Max is a liver / white Springer Spaniel. Kerry lives in Keswick, the Lake District. A true story. Does dog save Man...or...
does Man save Dog.

They Save Each Other 💖 🍀 💝
***DESORMAIS***
Message 40 of 46