cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Community Reads - What are you currently reading?

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

pexels-cottonbro-4866043.jpg

Hi everyone,

As you might have spotted here on the Community before, we have a few avid readers that like to share their book recommendations with the rest of us. A few weeks ago, we have started introducing a monthly book thread but after your suggestions, we have now decided to instead keep our love for books only in one general thread.

Of course there will still be monthly updates but we would like you to join in beyond that with sharing your current reads, long-time favourites and new discoveries in this thread whenever you like! That way we have a place we can share our thoughts and discuss regularly instead of splitting it up in monthly threads.

Saying that, I myself have just started a new book. You might know from the previous thread that I am a bit of a crime novel-lover, so that’s where I found myself again. And with the days getting longer and the evenings lighter, I hopefully also won’t be shaken that easily. This month’s read for me is How to Disappear by Gillian McAllister which evolves around a mother whose daughter witnessed a horrible crime and now disappearing is the only solution for them. With a tagline saying “You can run, you can hide, but can you ever really disappear? . . .” I sure am on my toes already...

What are you currently reading? What is your all-time favourite book? And what have you recently discovered? Share your thoughts, recommendations and favourites with us in the comments!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7405 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Really enjoyed ready the Scarecrow now reading The Black echo same author as before
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 41 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Reading The Marriage by CL Taylor. A great psychological thriller

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 46

RunrigForever
  • 2247 Posts
  • 33 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A series of books about 'The Nightingales'

Trust me, I read the last book first = Doh!

A different read for me, having read 2 series of 4 spy books by Mick Herron and Alex Gerlis

The Nightingale Girls - The Nightingale Sisters etc

A whole set of 7 books

Good ol' Amazon ... the next Mick Herron book in the Slough House series is out next May. I have it  on pre-order.

I carry a book with me when going to the pub to enjoy when there are no friends for me to be with xx slight_smile

Edited for missed out word.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 43 of 46

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Just finished His Loving Wife by Miranda Smith and about to start The Widow by CL Taylor. Both Psychological Thrillers.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 46

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36238 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

I'd forgotten about this thread - it got buried in the "upgrade", I guess.

Last book I bought, in July, was Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances by Neil Gaiman.

Not opened it yet, perhaps I should, now the long, dark, cold nights are upon us... 

Message 45 of 46

RunrigForever
  • 2247 Posts
  • 33 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In my post above, number 43 ... I omitted to mention the author of 'the Nightingales' ... = ... Donna Douglas. The novels begin in 1934 & tell the story of the Nightingale hospital in Bethnal Green, the East End of London. The last book, to date, WW11 is still going on. I have really got into the characters in and around the hospital.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 46 of 46