Did you mean: 

Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

DISCUSSION THREAD FOR MARVEL MOVIES

Please make sure you are up to date with Marvel movies as I am not responsible for spoilers talked about in this thread.

Everything Marvel related is welcome, but keeping it to the cinematic universe is easier as not everyone has read the comics.

- IF POSTING ABOUT A SPOILER PLEASE USE THE RELEVANT SPOILER TAG

More info
Like this with prefferabbly the movie title above the spoiler box for context as to whats being discussed about in here.
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 21 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11993 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Watched the new Spiderman on Friday.
Thought it was very good and enjoyed it.

More info
More info
Although was not surprised at the "reveal" part way though - had been expecting it but thought it was done very well.

Will be interesting to see how some of the other films fit into the universe Marvel has put together.

More info
For instance, how will they do the whole Lady Thor now that there is no hammer?

I am excited to see how they do the new version of Blade - you would imagine a film about a vampire will require a different rating to most of the films so far (at most a 12A)! I rather liked the Wesley Snipes versions - will have to see if I can find them for a rewatch.

Final thought is about one of the series that they confirmed - WandaVision.

More info
How do they intend to do that when Vision was killed at the end of Infinity War? 
It was mentioned during the panel for the show that it was set after the events of Endgame, but the character was not one brought back by the Hulk...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 41

TheGreyApe
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

New Phase 4 Line up was announced over the weekend! Whats your thoughts?

Message 23 of 41

TheGreyApe
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've never read any of the Black Panther comics so I don't know the story line and what direction they might take in this movie, I just hope its better than the first one honestly.
Message 24 of 41

TheGreyApe
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
In regards to the last spoiler, Technically he wouldn't be dead as the stones were restored to their original point in the time line, unless that's what the first episode could be about is Wanda realizing that the stone is still out there and rebuild him essentially
Message 25 of 41

TheGreyApe
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff

Avengers: Endgame overtakes Avatar as top box office movie of all time

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49069432

Just proves how sick this community is and how dedicated we are to show support
Message 26 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TheGreyApe wrote:
@Cleoriff

Avengers: Endgame overtakes Avatar as top box office movie of all time

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49069432

Just proves how sick this community is and how dedicated we are to show support

Well as my post showed, they expected it after this weekend @TheGreyApe thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11993 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@TheGreyApe wrote:
In regards to the last spoiler, Technically he wouldn't be dead as the stones were restored to their original point in the time line, unless that's what the first episode could be about is Wanda realizing that the stone is still out there and rebuild him essentially

Erm, not really.

More spoiler tags, just in case people are behind...

More info
More info
They "borrow" the stones from the past, but then return them before they are noticed as missing. 
In this situation then actual stone from Vision is the one that is stolen by 2018 Thanos and then destroyed - the 2012 version of the Mind stone goes back to 2012.

Another option is that they get Shuri to finish what she started, but then how do they restart his body?

I'll agree that the first episode is likely to be about his resurrection, but after that is anyone's guess.

Wanda is also in the cast for the next Dr Strange film, so I do wonder how the series and the film will tie in (both are due in 2021).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 28 of 41

TheGreyApe
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@gmarkj Im really excited for the Dr Strange film honestly, apparently it will be the first proper horror movie Disney has done ( however a few Disney classic are genuinely bone chilling )
Message 29 of 41

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great thread @TheGreyApe! I saw Spiderman: Homecoming a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it and I was not expecting what happened in the mid credits scene! 

More info
It was great to see J.K. Simmons reprising his role all be it with an Alex Jones flavor! 

I'm really looking forward to the new Dr Strange move now. The Nightmare character sounds really interesting and I can't wait to see what they do with the story. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 30 of 41