Did you mean: 

Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

DISCUSSION THREAD FOR MARVEL MOVIES

Please make sure you are up to date with Marvel movies as I am not responsible for spoilers talked about in this thread.

Everything Marvel related is welcome, but keeping it to the cinematic universe is easier as not everyone has read the comics.

- IF POSTING ABOUT A SPOILER PLEASE USE THE RELEVANT SPOILER TAG

More info
Like this with prefferabbly the movie title above the spoiler box for context as to whats being discussed about in here.
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They're way too easy to binge haha, Personally taking a week to go through each movie in chronological order, not release date but actual Story arc line ups, it does really well to paint a picture and to make Infinity Game and End War more heart hitting
Message 11 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@TheGreyApe wrote:
Honestly, I wouldn't waste time watching it. Its good for a bit of back story but overall the movie lacks heavy in the Wow factor.

I certainly will watch it. Having paid for the DVD, I'm not into wasting money like that. Also although I like Marvel movies, I can't say I am fanatical about them. I can 'pop in and out' when I feel there is one I'm interested in..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 41

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I think it's always better to go against reviews and make your own mind up. People take different things from movies and all are worth watching to me.

Message 13 of 41

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I like watching those with not-so-great reviews too if it's in the same franchise, so I'm not missing anything. nerd Also I'm easily entertained. laughing Having said that, I've only watched some Marvel movies, not all, but I intend on seeing all of them eventually! Just not in chronological order though. Really looking forward to the new Spider-Man! Thanks for hiding the spoilers. thumbsup I had plans to go a few days ago, but had a migraine the same day and had to postpone. 😞

Message 14 of 41

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Seen them all apart from the 3rd Thor and the new Spiderman
Message 15 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marvel unveils swathe of new superhero films:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49060944

Message 16 of 41

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There is a lot to look forward to there. Thanks for that @Anonymous 👍

Message 17 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Yeah, thanks for that @Anonymous, I'm looking forward to what they've got lined up, particularly Black Panther 2.

Just received Captain Marvel; must watch that when I've binged some of the series I downloaded from Prime. I've a few other Marvel films I've yet to watch, including Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

A big Marvel fan and DC Comics as well, though I tend to buy DC series like The Flash, Supergirl, Arrow and DC's Legends of Tomorrow. All coming in September, apart from Legends with a delayed release date in November.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 18 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I've got Captain Marvel as well. Still to watch it. I've downloaded the first series of Life on Mars (loved that) Peaky Blinders, and the one recommended by @Anonymous  Catch 22. Too much to watch smiling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I see Avengers :Endgame is set to surpass all records as the highest grossing film

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49063276

The weekend take of the Disney and Marvel Studios' sequel should push it past the record held by James Cameron's epic of $2,789.7bn (£2,231.3bn

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 41