Did you mean: 

Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

DISCUSSION THREAD FOR MARVEL MOVIES

Please make sure you are up to date with Marvel movies as I am not responsible for spoilers talked about in this thread.

Everything Marvel related is welcome, but keeping it to the cinematic universe is easier as not everyone has read the comics.

- IF POSTING ABOUT A SPOILER PLEASE USE THE RELEVANT SPOILER TAG

More info
Like this with prefferabbly the movie title above the spoiler box for context as to whats being discussed about in here.
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's an awesome idea @TheGreyApe, thanks for starting this thread! I know we have several big fans of the MCU on the community smiley

What's your favourite movie/character in the MCU so far, and any upcoming movie you're particularly looking forward to?

Can't wait to see where this discussion goes Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 41

TheGreyApe
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Personal favourite has to be Spider-man honestly, Loved the direction they took in Far From Home tieing in all the characters involved in the Mysterio story arc however I do have alot to say on the movie.

Far From Home is genuinely in my Top 5 Marvel Movies hands down, The VFX right down to the humour really made this a winner for me, However the acting from Jake I felt was  a bit stale at times howvever thasts expected from an Actor, Playing a man acting to be a villian.

In Far from home aswell im not so sure if I like the way Peter is relying so heavily on Tony I understand he was his mentor and all that but with everything happening so quickly after End Game it would be nice to get a break from the original characters, Maybe revisiting the original cast in a few years time.

As far as the End Scenes are Concerned

End Scene 1

More info
Im very interested in seeing what direction they are going to take with Mysterio revealing who Spider-man is and how the story arch will lead on from here in Phase 4

End Scene 2

More info
Im curious to see why Fury was on the spaceship maybe it was a lead up to Guardians? Who knows, Genuinely diddn't get much from that scene

Message 3 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t realise there were two extra scenes during the end credits. I stayed long enough to see the first one, but then I followed most other people out of the door. 

I did enjoy this film though, more than Avengers: Endgame if I’m honest. 

Message 4 of 41

TheGreyApe
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah two end scene credits, I've taken a new stand when seeing Marvel movies, don't leave the cinema until the lights come on.

100% Agree with you on the Endgame statement, It was a great movie but looking back and rewatching the Extended cut ( not worth it ) Its gonna be nice to see some new faces in the MCU.

However I can't stand Ant-man, Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

Message 5 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've enjoyed the Netflix Marvel TV series more than the films I've watched I have to say.

Saw Ultron when it came out along with Winter Soldier and one of the other Avengers films (can't remember which TBH) along with the first Iron Man but I do wonder if there's a bit too much being released?

Message 6 of 41

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think it's because there are so many releases that I've really gotten into them now. maybe it's the inner child in me joy

Message 7 of 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I've just got the new Captain Marvel on DVD. I will watch it at the weekend...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 41

TheGreyApe
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Honestly, I wouldn't waste time watching it. Its good for a bit of back story but overall the movie lacks heavy in the Wow factor.
Message 9 of 41

TheGreyApe
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think Disney+ will be a good addition to the franchise with the separate shows, personally I think they will be 100% better than whats on Netflix at the moment

The movies id be 50/50 in agreeance with you, there has been 23 movies released to date ( don't quote me on that ) In the space of about 11 years ( roughly ), However they are taking a somewhat good break after this year so after Guardians 3 at the end of the year, it should line up for a good Phase 4 whilst all the Disney+ shows are going on in the background
Message 10 of 41