Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Anonymous

Re: It may be goodbye

Is this proper open or are we still not allowed to discuss moderation?
Anonymous

bandofbrothers, we do not access private messages. It's technically possible but we do not do it. It's not a unique feature, every forum platform has it. I have never ever seen this feature mentioned in any T&Cs - I've seen quite a few, but by all means, if somebody ever saw it somewhere please point it out.

Whenever you create an account, the administrator has access to your data - excluding passwords in most cases as they are generally encrypted.

Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this proper open or are we still not allowed to discuss moderation?

We are not talking about 'moderation' as that is against the forums T&C's.

We are discussing the fact that the Forum Staff/Admin have access to members private messages.

Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

bandofbrothers, we do not access private messages. It's technically possible but we do not do it. It's not a unique feature, every forum platform has it. I have never ever seen this feature mentioned in any T&Cs - I've seen quite a few, but by all means, if somebody ever saw it somewhere please point it out.

Whenever you create an account, the administrator has access to your data - excluding passwords in most cases as they are generally encrypted.

Ok Chiara,

One more question and then i'll shut up.

If  a member of Admin did access a members private messages would that access be logged ?

Anonymous

Cool, thought I'd ask first! Didn't want to be moded!!

Personally I don't think that Pm's should be accessible whether it's commonplace for the ability to do it or not.

It's a trust thing that is only going to cause issues when situations like this arise.
Anonymous

I'm not sure, would have to check.

I'm afraid gillsfankev, it's not an option that can be removed or disabled, it's part of the admin suite. If you feel so uncomfortable, I would strongly recommend not signing up to any online community as they all have this feature.