• 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Nice to have helped out in the past

Just waiting for a reply from toby

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 86
85 REPLIES 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this proper open or are we still not allowed to discuss moderation?
Message 81 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable

bandofbrothers, we do not access private messages. It's technically possible but we do not do it. It's not a unique feature, every forum platform has it. I have never ever seen this feature mentioned in any T&Cs - I've seen quite a few, but by all means, if somebody ever saw it somewhere please point it out.

Whenever you create an account, the administrator has access to your data - excluding passwords in most cases as they are generally encrypted.

Message 82 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this proper open or are we still not allowed to discuss moderation?

We are not talking about 'moderation' as that is against the forums T&C's.

We are discussing the fact that the Forum Staff/Admin have access to members private messages.

Message 83 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

bandofbrothers, we do not access private messages. It's technically possible but we do not do it. It's not a unique feature, every forum platform has it. I have never ever seen this feature mentioned in any T&Cs - I've seen quite a few, but by all means, if somebody ever saw it somewhere please point it out.

Whenever you create an account, the administrator has access to your data - excluding passwords in most cases as they are generally encrypted.

Ok Chiara,

One more question and then i'll shut up.

If  a member of Admin did access a members private messages would that access be logged ?

Message 84 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool, thought I'd ask first! Didn't want to be moded!!

Personally I don't think that Pm's should be accessible whether it's commonplace for the ability to do it or not.

It's a trust thing that is only going to cause issues when situations like this arise.
Message 85 of 86

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure, would have to check.

I'm afraid gillsfankev, it's not an option that can be removed or disabled, it's part of the admin suite. If you feel so uncomfortable, I would strongly recommend not signing up to any online community as they all have this feature.

Message 86 of 86