I'm on holiday next week (16-22 July)!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, happy Thursday!

Just a heads up that I will be on holiday all of next week, 16-22 July. smiling

I will be enjoying the summer with my parents who are visiting from Finland, and we will be exploring different areas of London and some surrounding areas. I'm hoping this warm weather continues sun sun sun although I read something about a storm approaching.... hushed 

If anything comes up that you normally would flag to the Community Team, @Martin-O2 and @EmilieT will be here. If you send me a PM I will most likely action it on my return to the office. slight_smile 

P.S. If you have any suggestion for where to take my parents to enjoy summer in London, please let me know! grin I have some ideas already for a couple of days but still looking for some additional suggestions to present to them. They like cozy pubs, pretty areas to have a nice walk in, parks, and places with interesting-looking buildings they can take photos of on their smartphone. slight_smile They also want to see museums, culture and landmarks!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Thanks everyone! slight_smile slight_smile Lots of suggestions to choose from. I'll let you know what we ended up doing when I'm back! Hope you all have a lovely weekend and enjoy next week. sunflower 

@jonsie Is that some friend of yours living in the area with tea and scones or what did I miss? grin Why did I get deja vu? Thoughful

Lizzie, as she likes me to call her, would be Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ......party

Message 11 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

Thanks everyone! slight_smile slight_smile Lots of suggestions to choose from. I'll let you know what we ended up doing when I'm back! Hope you all have a lovely weekend and enjoy next week. sunflower 

@jonsie Is that some friend of yours living in the area with tea and scones or what did I miss? grin Why did I get deja vu? Thoughful

Lizzie, as she likes me to call her, would be Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ......party

@jonsie   is what we like to call a 'wind up merchant' @Marjo joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 31

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Have an amazing holiday @Marjo. Hope you all have a great time.  Spoil your parents lol

my recommendation is £1 land.  Can’t go wrong in there.  Being a cheap Yorkshire northerner lol.

but have a good time. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 13 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope you had a great holiday @Marjo

London is a great place and I don't get back to my hometown as much as I'd like.

Message 14 of 31

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning all! I'm back! What did I miss?? grin

My parents had a great time over here. They have some health issues now so we didn't go very far or into central London, plus it was entirely too hot to walk around for longer periods or sit in public transport so we just stayed local to my area. We went to parks and canals, some shopping, restaurants, and I am now fully familiar with all the pubs in the area. LOL Some of your suggestions in the list above I still intend to do, just on my own or with friends when I get some time again. slight_smile

Message 15 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Welcome back @Marjo Pleased you had a good break.....even better now you are back LOL

Only joking, @Martin-O2  and @EmilieT did a grand job of keeping us all in order whilst you were away Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Welcome back @Marjo Pleased you had a good break.....even better now you are back LOL

Only joking, @Martin-O2  and @EmilieT did a grand job of keeping us all in order whilst you were away Whistle

You were all remarkably well behaved! Fearing @Marjo's wrath on her return no doubt! joy joy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 31

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

You were all remarkably well behaved! Fearing @Marjo's wrath on her return no doubt! joy joy

Great to see that everything has been going well! *hides the whip*

Good to be back. slight_smile 

Message 18 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you had a lovely holiday with your parents @Marjo ... slight_smile

Yes, it sounds like you all made the most of the weather on offer whilst being in London = parks, canals & shopping in air con malls sounds great ... & ... you now know all the area's pubs Cheers can't be a bad thing wink

Good to have you back though we all behaved ourselves impeccably ... Zipped wink

Message 19 of 31

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, just bumping this as I'm going to have my 'part 2' of the holiday next week. grin

I'll be off from Monday 30 July, and back again on Monday 6 August. As usual if you need us for something during that time, please flag to @Martin-O2 and @EmilieT! slight_smile

Oh and thanks again by the way to those earlier who offered some tips for visiting Manchester and Liverpool. I will visit both for 1-2 days next week. Happy Dance

Message 20 of 31