I'm on holiday next week (16-22 July)!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, happy Thursday!

Just a heads up that I will be on holiday all of next week, 16-22 July. smiling

I will be enjoying the summer with my parents who are visiting from Finland, and we will be exploring different areas of London and some surrounding areas. I'm hoping this warm weather continues sun sun sun although I read something about a storm approaching.... hushed 

If anything comes up that you normally would flag to the Community Team, @Martin-O2 and @EmilieT will be here. If you send me a PM I will most likely action it on my return to the office. slight_smile 

P.S. If you have any suggestion for where to take my parents to enjoy summer in London, please let me know! grin I have some ideas already for a couple of days but still looking for some additional suggestions to present to them. They like cozy pubs, pretty areas to have a nice walk in, parks, and places with interesting-looking buildings they can take photos of on their smartphone. slight_smile They also want to see museums, culture and landmarks!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Er! Don’t you mean July?
Message 2 of 31

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Er! Don’t you mean July?

Yes, July! LOL Thanks for correcting me. Fixed!

Time travel holiday. tongue

Message 3 of 31

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Marjo

Chesham? grin

*There's a nice pub in Upton Park, Anne Bolejn.

*Cutty Sark/Greenwich with the foot tunnel under the Thames

* I should've said earlier... The WalkieTalkie (you can go up for free in SkyGarden, awesome view... but have to have tickets, maybe there are some left?)

*Mayfield Lavenderfields

*Tower in the evening

*Emirates Airline (evening)

*river bus (catamaran on the Thames)

*Canary Wharf

To name some of my fav spots :'D

Have looooots of fun! xx

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 4 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks for the heads up @Marjo. Have a great holiday.

I haven't been to  London for ages.  About 8 years ago to take the grandson on a tour of Chelsea FC

The Tower of London (he loved)

Big Ben (he loved that as well)

The London Eye (not impressed)

Whitehall (having his picture taken with a Horseguard on sentry duty)

Trip on the Thames river boat from Westminster Bridge-Tower Bridge.

Earlier than this...

We've been to Camden Town Market, Carnaby Street and one of the many theatres to see a show....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wishing you a great holiday with your parents @Marjo smiling

London Zoo in Regents Park

The Tate Gallery & Tate Modern

The Victoria & Albert Museum

Message 6 of 31

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Have a great holiday @Marjo. I can't add any more suggestions to the super ones already put forward.

There are plenty of restaurants to choose from depending on how much you want to spend. I often go to TGI Fridays in Piccadilly but it may be too loud for your parents. The food and the cocktails (my favourite) are fantastic as are the desserts. But you need a good appetite as they don't stint on the portions.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

London is an exciting city, and you already have some great suggestions for things to keep your parents entertained. Here are a few more:

The Shard is quite impressive, and being Britain’s tallest building, you can take some great photos if the weather stays good. 

Covent Garden is another of my favourites, lots of nice boutiques, and markets, plus the usual street entertainment. You’re spoiled for choice for eating out, but if you’re interested in organic food, then the Wild Food Cafe is really good. 

Still in Covent Garden, if they like cozy pubs, then Mr Fogg’s Tavern is a traditional Victorian tavern, offering a good selection of food and drinks. 

I hope you all have a great holiday slight_smile

Message 8 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Have a wonderful time with your parents @Marjo smile

....you could try knocking on Lizzie's door, tea and scones on the back lawn sounds good. Just tell her I sent you wink

Message 9 of 31

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks everyone! slight_smile slight_smile Lots of suggestions to choose from. I'll let you know what we ended up doing when I'm back! Hope you all have a lovely weekend and enjoy next week. sunflower 

@ComaChameleon Yes! Chesham is on the list. grin No tickets left for SkyGarden, but I'll go check it out myself at some point for sure.

@jonsie Is that some friend of yours living in the area with tea and scones or what did I miss? grin Why did I get deja vu? Thoughful

@Anonymous Ooh that pub sounds great, we might check it out. My parents have been to Covent Garden briefly before and loved the area. slight_smile

@Anonymous I think my mum will enjoy those galleries! slight_smile My dad might want to sit in a nearby pub in the meantime. grin

@Cleoriff My mum has also mentioned Tower of London so we'll definitely go there. slight_smile I think they would LOVE a trip on a river boat! 

Message 10 of 31