Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Well Soon Jonsie :)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Some of you will know that our Jonsie/Steve  (one of the longest serving members of this forum and friend to many) .....was involved in a serious car accident in Thailand on Monday 20th February. He suffered head, chest and leg injuries and was being nursed on a ventilator

Due to the instability of his condition and the fact we weren't sure of the prognosis. I didn't post openly.. even though I had 'written' permission from the family.

Instead I contacted a lot of people via private message and other routes. It was agreed by myself and O2 management that I could post when Jonsie's condition started to improve.

Thankfully that day has arrived.

Steve has two sons who travelled to Thailand to be with their dad this weekend. I have received messages (and a picture) showing that he is now off the ventilator, sitting up in bed and managing Jonsie type conversations with his lads. (In between sleeping a lot which will be due to the pain relief he is receiving)

So great news.

If anyone wants to add good wishes please do so on this thread. (Even if you have sent them to me privately before) I will get them to Steve

As a nurse, I firmly believe in medicine and science. Due to the recovery Steve has made since his sons arrival at his bedside ...I also believe in the power of love.  

Continue getting well Steve. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 242
241 REPLIES 241

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@jonsie just to say I'm thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. I miss you're witty comments and look forward to having you back with us as sharp as ever. With love Gloria xx❤
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 21 of 242

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Having not seen this, I wasn't aware 😞 Get well Jonsie...
Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 22 of 242

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

A bit of a bonus for Jonsie's friends and family today. Bearing in mind how ill he still is...suddenly and without any warning whatsoever....he posted on FB...telling one of his closest friends (who was a little unwell) to 'Keep his spirits up'....heart

Typical of Steve to think of others. Needless to say when we saw his post...he became the centre of attention. Smiley Very Happy ....I don't think his friend was the slightest bit bothered about that. Like us, he was thrilled to bits to see Jonsie post....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 242

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Anonymous then I'm guessing you're a Yorkshire lass? Hah so am I, although that's a very long time ago now!
Message 24 of 242

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

A bit of a bonus for Jonsie's friends and family today. Bearing in mind how ill he still is...suddenly and without any warning whatsoever....he posted on FB...telling one of his closest friends (who was a little unwell) to 'Keep his spirits up'....heart

Typical of Steve to think of others. Needless to say when we saw his post...he became the centre of attention. Smiley Very Happy ....I don't think his friend was the slightest bit bothered about that. Like us, he was thrilled to bits to see Jonsie post....:smileywink:

I was so glad to see him write thar comment to his friend, I think judging by the responses, a lot of people were lol.

So glad he's on the mend.

Message 25 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gindygoo wrote:
@Anonymous then I'm guessing you're a Yorkshire lass? Hah so am I, although that's a very long time ago now!

@gindygoo took me a long time to get back to God's Green Acre / God's Own County, I won't be leaving White Rose County again slight_smile

You can take the man out of Yorkshire ... but ... you can't take Yorkshire out of the man wink

Steve is my favourite person from Lancashire aka Red Rose County ... & ... he will know this heart

Keep On Recovering Jonsie ... we're all thinking about you XXX

Message 26 of 242

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Just had a short exchange on messenger which was really great.
He admits there is a long way to go but at least there is some positive progress now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 242

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Just had a short exchange on messenger which was really great.
He admits there is a long way to go but at least there is some positive progress now.

Yes he sent a picture to @viridis (not in hospital though) one of him sitting on his balcony ....Probably thinking 'them were the days' ...Bless Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 242

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7219 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Any updates?
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 29 of 242

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:
Any updates?

No specific news about his condition. Though a couple of us have had a very short chat with him via messenger.. 

I am waiting to hear back from one of his sons but only contacted him tonight. Jonsie is still in hospital and he has a long way to go. As soon as I hear anything I will post here. I have passed on every message from those who have posted on this thread. I know he really appreciates all your good wishes x.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 242