Did you mean: 

Flexible battery - is that the future?

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Check out this recent innovation of an ultra-thin and utterly flexible battery by a team of Korean scientists

This may revolutionize future gadgets... Imagine a tab that you can easily fold and put it in your pocket? Would you like to have a flexible gadget like that? What other features do you think may appear in future gadgets?

Flexible Battery

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think Samsung have a flexible screen already so lookout for a new very bendy phone in the future!Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I hope it's more flexible than my debit cards, I still manage to go through a couple a year with sitting on my wallet in my back pocket! Only the RBS ones thoughSmiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 14

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Extra thin plastic huh? Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 4 of 14

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

You sound like it's the worst invention ever Smiley LOL I was expecting a bit more motivating, actually tongue

Message 5 of 14

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Abs wrote:

@perksie wrote:

You sound like it's the worst invention ever Smiley LOL I was expecting a bit more motivating, actually tongue

No, I love the battery, it's just jonsie's rubbishy credit cards I was talking about.

I think there will follow a totally flexible tablet and more portable devices where rigidity is a drawback.

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I hope it's more flexible than my debit cards, I still manage to go through a couple a year with sitting on my wallet in my back pocket! Only the RBS ones thoughSmiley Frustrated

Is it just me or do cards not last like they used to? I suppose we do use them more now more than ever, but the chip on mine is knackard. The blimmin' thing doesn't even work in some shops, often I have to leg it from the checkout to the cash machine to pay for my shopping, I wouldn't mind but it's only a few months old.

Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I think they just make them out of recycled pop bottles. Mine all tend to crack around the chip, I don't think I've ever had one that's expired naturally. Rbs think my present one will last me to 2017!Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
My last one did that, this one is just all battered and peeling apart.

It's all well and good me getting a new card, but they cancel my existing card in the mean time while it's sent out. I need my card!
Message 9 of 14

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 10 of 14