Anonymous

Re: Family at Christmas time

Awww that’s fab @WispaRed7
Highlighted
Topics: 574

@WispaRed7 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

It's already been a disaster for me.....

I'm saddened to hear this @jonsie hugging

I shall be with my cat Marty cat

However, my son Alex rang me today whilst driving home from work - upshot is he is coming over with his wife Emma on 21 December for a festive lunch at Herriots, which is kind of my 2nd home.

I am really, really looking forward to having their company.

I havn't seen them in some time ... so ... it's a great thing 

That's really good to know @WispaRed7 I hope you have a lovely time smiling

Highlighted
Topics: 747

Great news @WispaRed7 hugging

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 248

Hope you have a really good time @WispaRed7 

animated-elephant-image-0278

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Highlighted
Level 30: Meditator

Perfect @WispaRed7
Enjoy it have a great day.

Highlighted
Topics: 271

Thank you all for your kind wishes @Cleoriff @jonsie @Mi-Amigo @TallTrees @Anonymous 

I've got used to being on my own Christmas Day and Boxing Day ... it's not so bad ... many people worse off than me at this time of year

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Highlighted

@WispaRed7 wrote:

Thank you all for your kind wishes @Cleoriff @jonsie @Mi-Amigo @TallTrees @Anonymous 

I've got used to being on my own Christmas Day and Boxing Day ... it's not so bad ... many people worse off than me at this time of year

Yes indeed. As much as I feel sorry for myself, at least I have a certain quality of life that many other people don't. It's the homeless, the patients in hospitals and the elderly with no family support that I feel more sorry for. We all have to count our blessings. This community provides people with support, friendship and camaraderie so that you are never really alone....

Highlighted
Topics: 129

@jonsie wrote:

It's the homeless, the patients in hospitals and the elderly with no family support that I feel more sorry for. We all have to count our blessings. This community provides people with support, friendship and camaraderie so that you are never really alone....

What @jonsie said ^^^

Waiting to get into hospital, either for scheduled work or for emergency treatment, in the Uk sounds like an ordeal at the moment.

The Trust in charge of our local hospital accident and emergency dept has put out messages like this recently:

20**Personal info** 18_13_03-Western Trust.png

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Highlighted

It's only last week that Bolton hospital was on an unprecedented black alert and issued the same notice.

Highlighted
Level 17: Luminescent

I have lots of memories of Christmas, some good some bad.

My parents split when I was very young and one year I'd been staying with my father and grand parents and when I returned home a few days before christmas, we'd had a fire in the house and it had burned all our presents and the entire living room.  We were a poor family but my family still managed to scrape together a nice christmas for us.

Thanks

Steve